Photo for Jason

Adrian Wintle

Today I was helping pack up our British layout (moving premises) and I came across a collection of postcards of Canadian railway and transit subjects and in the set was this:

post-206-0-60425500-1418763982.jpg

It is a JBC Visuals postcard and the photo is credited to Ted Wickson. It is dated as August 1976.

Adrian

Edited by Adrian Wintle
  • Like 1

Transit subjects?

I remember the station like that, now its got the peaked roof on it but its still basically the same. One thing I hate about Kingston station is the sun angle. To get decent shots you needed to be on the platform at track 2, but they often closed it if no train was expected to stop there. Thankfully after getting to know the staff there were no complaints if we hopped the barrier.

Transit subjects?

Lots of TTC - Peter Witt, PCC, and LRV streetcars, some buses, a couple of subway trains, various works vehicles (rail grinders etc.) and a trolley bus. A few pics of other major transit sysems too.

Adrian

Edited by Adrian Wintle

Today I was helping pack up our British layout (moving premises) and I came across a collection of postcards of Canadian railway and transit subjects and in the set was this:

attachicon.gifimg404s.jpg

It is a JBC Visuals postcard and the photo is credited to Ted Wickson. It is dated as August 1976.

Adrian

For my seventh birthday, my parents took that postcard and had it blown up to 30" wide and framed.

I still have it...

-Jason

• Like 1

Lots of TTC - Peter Witt, PCC, and LRV streetcars, some buses, a couple of subway trains, various works vehicles (rail grinders etc.) and a trolley bus. A few pics of other major transit sysems too.

Adrian

Yes, now that you listed the subjects I think I have a bunch of postcards by Ted Wickson that I have picked up over the years. Used to keep them with my photos but can't seem to locate them now. Another thing I picked up were the TTC data sheets. I came across those a couple of years ago while going through my stored stuff so they are here with me in Calgary.

I will see if my dad will let me post the photos I mentioned above.

• 2 years later...

Just discovered a book in my father's library called At the Bend in the Road - Kingston. It was self published by Gordon D. Smithson in 2000. It is primarily about the outer station, but it has a section on the new station with interior and exterior photos.

Adrian

Just discovered a book in my father's library called At the Bend in the Road - Kingston. It was self published by Gordon D. Smithson in 2000. It is primarily about the outer station, but it has a section on the new station with interior and exterior photos.

Adrian

I have that book. I wish someone had taught the fellow how to scan images. Most of them are blurry/grainy or have a terrible screen pattern on them.

-Jason

I have that book. I wish someone had taught the fellow how to scan images. Most of them are blurry/grainy or have a terrible screen pattern on them.

-Jason

Well scanners were not pretty great back in 2000, unless you wanted to wait an entire day just for one scan!

At that speed, the book would be published about now...

-Jason

I thought you might have it. I'm not sure whether it is a scanning issue or whether it is a reproduction (printing) issue (or some of both), but it does have a very amateur look.

Adrian