Hi Hal, see you are still reading the forum.  How is life and the model railway?

Sorry for the delayed response, mate. You wouldn't believe how life is, so much so that I'm having a long hard think about everything...

OK... Two weeks ago - following months of illness - I was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. Go figure! LOL  ;-)

Tony.

PS: Us Brits spell "neurone" properly - with an e on the end. The yanks don't. On rmweb neurone comes up as a misspelling - for what it's worth.

Hi Jock,

I was going to PM you as it happens, aware of the forthcoming weekend. Anyway, you and yours will certainly be in our thoughts.

One good thing, Joan saw the Haematologist yesterday and all seems to be progressing well enough. That wicked "lump" was just the result of the daily jabs. They go on for another week, then it's Warfarin, which is routine, so we're grateful for that. 

We are glad to get Christmas over. Now it's just the New Year. Joan sees (we see!) close family members as visitors but that's all. She's fearful of her incontinence regarding newcomers so none are invited. Some can't understand this and take the pip, but so be it. If that's the case, they are thinking of themselves, not her/us.

I look forward to hearing from you when the surgery is over. I'm sure all will be well. :)

Kind Regards,

Tony

EDIT: Somehow I forgot(!) to put this post along with your quote, which pretty well shows my mind-state. LOL I trust you'll catch it. Now, must hoist her Ladyship from her Throne...

Hi Tony, I'm not sure how much you've read on here over the last few Months, but are you aware that we lost our friend Jock, (Jock67B) in early June. his obituary is in the usual place.

Sorry to read about your new problems, I hope you will continue to use R M Web as a form of relaxation.

All the best,

Andy.

Hi Tony, I'm not sure how much you've read on here over the last few Months, but are you aware that we lost our friend Jock, (Jock67B) in early June. his obituary is in the usual place.

Sorry to read about your new problems, I hope you will continue to use R M Web as a form of relaxation.

All the best,

Andy.

It's only recently I've returned to regular browsing. Other folk's layouts - especially yours! - are an entertaining escape. I'd pretty much worked out the situation regarding Jock, bless him,but didn't know there is an obituary section; just shows my limited overall appraisal - I'll certainly check. He was wonderfully supportive to all of us. I prayed he would get some modelling done. But - as I've proved many times - many supplications aren't answered positively. 

Many thanks for your support, Andy. It's interesting how the talented, artistic likes of you can be so, whilst some less capable others are - "Aw, shut it, Tony!" ;-)

Thank you, Andy,

Tony.

EDIT: BTW, guys. I was always very bad at posting; a fellow writer told me my narative voice could be, cold and authoritarian - dangerous given my lack of skills. Please feel free to tell me when I'm personally offensive - I only choose to be on very, very rare occasion!  lol

Some more pics of your Layout would be very inspirational Tony, my new project, North Road, will be in a very similar vein to yours, with LOTS GOING ON.

All the best.

Actually, pics are what I'm thinking about. I have managed a little work over the months, although the difficulty in even the most simple tasks is all too obvious. Eventually, train watching might be all. I've been looking at North Road, and - as someone who is drawn to the industrial - I'm very much looking forward to this. I must check my "followings". One benefit of your awesome layout listing is it's so easy to pop around whilst viewing another. This doesn't register following support though, so I must check in.

Cheers, Tony.

• RMweb Premium

Good to see you back Tony. It can be very hard when ones health gets in the way of their passions, having had some of it myself this year you have my full sympathy. I have to agree with Andy about the forum being a place of relaxation and escape. There's even a New forum jokes thread which can lift the spirits.

Regards Shaun

Excellent to hear from you again.  How does the saying go, it never rains but it pours.  Buckets in your case.  Not much one can say so I won't.  I will mention though that for Christmas I got one of the 1st generation Apple TV boxes (read going cheap because the new generation are out) and what a world that has opened up for me.  There is some amazing model railway/railroad and 1:1 gauge stuff on U-Tube and Vimeo.  It would be really great if you can keep coming to the forum even if for just a moment.

Forgot to mention hence the edit.  I was watching some Jimmy Nail Stuff on U-Tube and I came across him and some other singing Blaydon Races.  Thought about your layout.  Never knew there were so many verses although that is not too surprising since most of the time that I sang it was after a game of Rugby with the emphasis on the Pu(b) bit.  

Also, learnt something new.  Living in the GWN with its Elephant in the room problem I always thought it neuron. 

• RMweb Gold

I'm sorry to hear of yet more tribulations for you. I just want to say how much I have enjoyed this layout: I grew up in Sandyford, went to school beside the North Tyne loop and commuted from West Monkseaton for a year before it closed for the Metro. It just oozes Heaton and environs.

Paul.

Archived