• RMweb Gold

Hi Adrian.

I do like the 1366 and the 94xx. Of the two I am more likely to go for the 1366. Though it has it critics, I think the Danes did a nice job with this one.......NO SPLASHERS!!!!

It would look quite nice shuffling about the place.

However....the next purchase will be track and points to get Bleat going. Had hooed to have it by now but the gimpy knee is still playing up.

Rob

I know I have posted this link before but thought you might like to see 1338 on S&D metals. http://www.ipernity.com/doc/grisleyreg/31576363

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Smashing photo Phil. Interesting life the Kitson had. After Bridgewater 1338 returned to Wales and trotted about Swansea for a bit..but.........

• RMweb Gold

Smashing photo Phil. Interesting life the Kitson had. After Bridgewater 1338 returned to Wales and trotted about Swansea for a bit..but.........

I have photos of it at Didcot x3 and Bleadon & Uphill in the Yieldingtree Museum. 

PS there's only one 'e' in Bridgwater.

• RMweb Gold

I have photos of it at Didcot x3 and Bleadon & Uphill in the Yieldingtree Museum. 

PS there's only one 'e' in Bridgwater.

You'd think I would know that by now.......Thanks Phil.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Pretty certain the LMS didn't paint them Maroon Stubbers. The preservationists abused them but not the LMS.......they were painted Blue by the LMS though.......

Yum.

Tri-ang did, so they must have been right.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

God bless Martin Finney and his GWR number plate kits.........

Rob.

I have been poking about with a pesky Pannier.

The plates do not stand close scrutiny but from a distance they will do. I thought I would have a go with the Finney plates and numbers I've had knocking around for years.

The loco needs weathering as it has the factory applied weathering. I also have to add lamp irons and a fewvother bits and bobs including the footplate handrails and the sanding gear actuating rod thingies. Might also get a set of etched brake rods.....things

Looks right at home Rob.

G

• RMweb Gold

Is this the second pannier to the Mutton Lane Sheep Wharf roster?

If so, keep going, you'll never regret purchasing your 85th pannier.

Just the one at present CK. We may see a representative of the 8750 join its 57xx chum later on.

I am off to look at the RT Models and Wizard models webby sites.

Grahame,

I am thinking it will look better on Bleat Wharf......

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have been poking about with a pesky Pannier.

The plates do not stand close scrutiny but from a distance they will do. I thought I would have a go with the Finney plates and numbers I've had knocking around for years.

The loco needs weathering as it has the factory applied weathering. I also have to add lamp irons and a fewvother bits and bobs including the footplate handrails and the sanding gear actuating rod thingies. Might also get a set of etched brake rods.....things

Although this is a fairly so-so photo, it does show weathering and wear, some of which is probably unique to pannier tanks - the wear on the 'corners' of the panniers - showing up shiny here.

post-14351-0-37211800-1529600761_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I have been looking for photos of Panniers in service. As you say Phil, they do weather in their own little way.

post-14122-0-31676600-1529603840_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

I have been looking for photos of Panniers in service. As you say Phil, they do weather in their own little way.

Nice atmospheric photo at Cardiff Newport. There are quite a few in my RMweb albums, but an easier way to see them and others is on the other site I use. I find the search function more user-friendly and one can move through the 'found' items more easily on ipernity. This is the result of a search for 0-6-0PT

http://www.ipernity.com/search/photo?w=0&q=0-6-0PT

Edited by phil_sutters

• RMweb Gold

Er..Newport.

Enlarging the photo to see the name on the lamppost, I see you are right. I was going by the 'Location' to the left of the photo, as I haven't been to either Cardiff or Newport for donkey's years and only a few times then. In any case the location is that of NYH 581 not the photo - silly me!

Edited by phil_sutters

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

I now have all the points required for Bleat Wharf having picked them up today from my local emporium. There are a few tweaks required but it appears that it will all fit in. Phew!

Quite pleased with things so far and here's hoping to get some, if not all the trackwork laid this weekend but I am not rushing things.

• Like 6