Holmfirth Station building

• RMweb Gold

very nice a few years ago me and a few mates rented this house as it was ideal no next door neighbours and plenty of space to party! was bloody cold in winter mind you every room had three outside walls and single glazing, it had been altered quite abit though with an extension built on to the old platform which replaced the middle section of the building which has the bay windows

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pete.

I dont have a thread to the build. I should start one I guess. I will post some more pictures later today. The deck is from London Road Models with a few small tweaks from me. The well is scratch built by me as per pictures and a very detailed diagram of the turntable at Holmfirth.

Many Thanks

Jon

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
58herbie, on 24 Feb 2015 - 08:05, said:

I dont have a thread to the build. I should start one I guess. I will post some more pictures later today. The deck is from London Road Models with a few small tweaks from me. The well is scratch built by me as per pictures and a very detailed diagram of the turntable at Holmfirth.

Good to see that your own modelling is rather good, too. With GT's structures this promises to be some layout.

amazing work Peter. I just hope my turntable doesn't look to shabby against it. I can't wait to walk in and see the station everyday.

Hello 58herbie,

Your turntable looks wonderful to me! As indeed does the station building, really superb!

I once helped a disabled friend build a layout based on Holmfirth, in 00 L&Y days complete with kit built stock and commissioned buildings, sadly long gone now. It was good fun though.

Hope you enjoy your model so much,

John E.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The station house arrived safely and is even better in the flesh. I have been working on the platform using foamboard and plasticard sheet. Now im happy that the height is correct from railtop to platform I will be sticking it all together and painting. Then it will be moved into position.

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

A little behind the times in discovering this thread 3 years after the previous post, but it is always a treat to see more of Gravy Train's buildings. So inspriing.

By the way, some of 58Herbie's photos are not linking from Photobucket right now, but we still have the making of the building.

Jamie

Edited by Jamiel
  • Like 1

A little behind the times in discovering this thread 3 years after the previous post, but it is always a treat to see more of Gravy Train's buildings. So inspriing.

By the way, some of 58Herbie's photos are nopt linking from Photobucket right now, bur we still have the making of the building.

Jamie

Has Gravy Train posted anything recently?

Hi Robin,

hope you are doing okay, I know the layout is progressing and looking very impressive.

I will post up a few things, I havn't bothered much these days, as little feedback on the Archetectural side and it takes a bit of work and time to post up.

A lot of my photo posts have been removed by Photobucket as a result of their terms and conditions, ( they now require payment) for using their service.

I will find another way to post up on here.

thanks

Peter

• Like 3