New RTR 7mm models for 2015

55H

The first arrival will be the 9F/Evening Star due in May

http://www.finescalebrass.co.uk/o-gauge-locomotives-55h-models/br-standard-9f-evening-star.htm

The models will be delivered fully finished and are priced as follows

Evening Star £2000

Black 9F £1850

I think these prices compare will with other brass RTR models

To follow will be Britannia's and Duke of Gloucester (yes I know there is another one coming out where we lead others follow  :no: )

Price forecast £2200

I realise these are not Dapol prices but as you have seen with Lionheart once you go into brass the price rises accordingly 

John FSB

• Like 2

errm yes :no:

consequence of the way Korea works they are small subcontractors making for each manufacturer,  so for a wheel you have to pay for each mould, at prototype stage one mould at production  stage second mould - result -flange less centre wheels for sales model

but with all flanged drivers we still got it round 4'

• 1 year later...

Guys

I think it probably takes less time for a baby elephant to be born but the 9F is on its way.  Advanced supplies are in the air with the plan to deliver at Kettering, the rest to follow next week.  All subject to good old UK customs letting them through of course.  I have kept the price at the pre-order price due to the long wait

http://www.finescalebrass.co.uk/content/br-standard-9f-evening-star~505-2x.jpg

http://www.finescalebrass.co.uk/content/br-standard-9f-double-chimney~1193x.jpg

• 3 months later...

Been a while posting so a quick update

9F  not many left 2 Evening Stars, 2 single chimney, 3 Tyne dock and 4 double chimney

The locos will go round 3'9" in both directions with the longer draw bar fitted

we have tested them pulling 21 brass coaches still drawing less than an amp

The new Loksound 4L with a stay alive is proving very popular rated at 3amps it is plenty for this loco and other accessories including smoke, this all fits inside the loco

Britannia and Duke are go from an interest point of view just go to face economical facts if the pound drops after Brexit vote  we may have to wait until it picks up  again.

The factory have already plonked one price increase on us which we have absorbed but another would be deadly, we got a good deal on the 9F because of the numbers we ordered but this run will be a lot smaller 

There are a couple of cancelled orders at the old price on the website under finished locos

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys don't get on here much these days

9F

still got supplies of all versions but down to ones and twos they are £2300 in DC £2650 DCC & sound £100 weathered 

as far as I know everyone that ordered one has one

The Brit is underway just finalising details we will only be making the names we have orders for, i'm afraid the pre-order deal quota is full, now  £2600 DC £2950 DCC & sound £100 weathered 

no money to pay just yet but if you want a specific loco now is the time to tell me

Brexit bah humbug  :no:

John

• 5 months later...

its been a while but here is the latest

I have done a re-run of 9F's  due Sept -Oct Evening Star split from step , double chimney BR1G Western region locos and Southern region loco

There will be a sample Brit to view at Telford with deliveries aimed for Kettering

I have cad drawings and they should be available to inspect at Doncaster