Bachmann Blue Pullman

BobM

I am looking for a wall mounted display cabinet for my 6 car set,does anyone know of a manufacture for such.

I have checked on Picture Pride’s site but they don’t appear to have an off the shelf one although I know they make to order.

Cabinet only needs to be large enough for this unit.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I've never seen an off-the-shelf cabinet, or even an advert, for just one train that long, only ones with multiple shelves for shorter trains. If you want to display your 6-car Midland Pullman as a complete train, I think you may have to order a cabinet to be made to your specific requirements. Picture Pride appear to have made for a customer a cabinet to display a 12-coach train (it's actually not quite that long, but it involves smoke and mirrors...). I'm sure if you contacted them, they would be able to do something to suit your requirements.  

The Picture Pride display cases are the best around in my humble opinion.

They have given me years of hassle & DUST free operation, and have never faded, nor fallen apart.

I'm sure that if you give Ron or his lovely wife a call and explain your requirements, they would be sure to provide your cabinet as soon as possible.

They really are very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

No connection etc, other than a very happy customer indeed.

Your Blue Pullman would look stunning, mounted on lengths of track in a wall mounted display case.

Cheers, Paul

Thanks Paul and everyone else,yes I have three PP cabinets already which display 1/76 scale buses so I think these may be the people to contact again.

London Transport Museum Shop, used to have a long plastic see through tube for displaying s-stock in, that’s probably the same length.

No idea price though.

Trainsafe in Germany do upto 3m length..

http://shop.train-safe.de

At Warley they had four car versions for sale and said they only had two eight car versions one in the museum and one in the tfl board room that cost £500 each!

Some will hate me for saying this, but I personally don't think the Blue Pullman belongs in a glass cabinet/plastic tube. If it was me, I would be building a diorama of the countryside or the main line as long as the six car train. Just making a suggestion!

Some will hate me for saying this, but I personally don't think the Blue Pullman belongs in a glass cabinet/plastic tube. If it was me, I would be building a diorama of the countryside or the main line as long as the six car train. Just making a suggestion!

My post 228 refers to a Picture Pride cabinet, and this one does have a sort of diorama within the confines of a cabinet.

Edited by Coppercap

I’m in the process of selling my model railway after many years which was a difficult decision to make.

My plan is to keep several locomotives including the Blue Pullman set and whilst I have several Picture Pride cabinets for smaller items I would like to find a suitable one that will accommodate the BP.

I am looking for a wall mounted display cabinet for my 6 car set,does anyone know of a manufacture for such.

I have checked on Picture Pride’s site but they don’t appear to have an off the shelf one although I know they make to order.

Cabinet only needs to be large enough for this unit.

Lidl periodically do glass-fronted display cabinets for around £55 that will hold a decent quantity of stock. The typically sell them a couple of times a year so it worth keeping an eye out in the new year.

In fact, they have just announced another batch of these. They are great for train display.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=8909

Edited by Karhedron
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Or a Grey/Blue one ?

That's certainly quite likely, eventually, rather than a true, original WR set (which I don't think we're ever going to get, for reasons mentioned many times before.) But would it have the cab end jumper cable details added, and the cutouts on the cab ends to clear the couplings, rather than just a 'repaint'? I think Bachmann will get many more 'in the pipeline' models to market long before this one appears.

That's certainly quite likely, eventually, rather than a true, original WR set (which I don't think we're ever going to get, for reasons mentioned many times before.) But would it have the cab end jumper cable details added, and the cutouts on the cab ends to clear the couplings, rather than just a 'repaint'? I think Bachmann will get many more 'in the pipeline' models to market long before this one appears.

At the price it is likely to be, it would need those cables.

So, having read 10 pages of comments concluded that as a Western Region modeller of the late 60's early 70's period I'd rather have an 8 car version even if it will not be accurate in every account (I've noted the really useful comparison pictures shown on the thread and read many of the comments).  Reverse blue would be good but that is not going to happen so instead plan to purchase a second full yellow end version and take the parlour cars and add to my existing 6 car set (I can live with the windows being wrong).  So, some questions.  Is there an easy way to remove the "Midland" on the power car?  What has worked for others when removing lettering from models?  How easy to swap the chassis and bodies from the parlour and the kitchen car as clearly need the new parlours to be at the end to make the couplings work (and indeed get all the underside gubbins roughly in the right place!). How does the body come off from the chassis?  Got as far a removing the bogies and the 4 retaining screws but it still felt pretty solidly attached! Anything else I should know!  Regards

• Like 1

So, having read 10 pages of comments concluded that as a Western Region modeller of the late 60's early 70's period I'd rather have an 8 car version even if it will not be accurate in every account (I've noted the really useful comparison pictures shown on the thread and read many of the comments). Reverse blue would be good but that is not going to happen so instead plan to purchase a second full yellow end version and take the parlour cars and add to my existing 6 car set (I can live with the windows being wrong). So, some questions. Is there an easy way to remove the "Midland" on the power car? What has worked for others when removing lettering from models? How easy to swap the chassis and bodies from the parlour and the kitchen car as clearly need the new parlours to be at the end to make the couplings work (and indeed get all the underside gubbins roughly in the right place!). How does the body come off from the chassis? Got as far a removing the bogies and the 4 retaining screws but it still felt pretty solidly attached! Anything else I should know! Regards

As nobody else has reported on doing this conversion, it looks like you may be setting a precedent. I expect either nobody else wants to do it because it will be inaccurate in many ways, or they haven't started because they are waiting for someone else to bite the bullet and show them how! Maybe you should be showing everyone else how to do it, not be the one asking the questions?

Edited by Coppercap

As nobody else has reported on doing this conversion, it looks like you may be setting a precedent. I expect either nobody else wants to do it because it will be inaccurate in many ways, or they haven't started because they are waiting for someone else to bite the bullet and show them how! Maybe you should be showing everyone else how to do it, not be the one asking the questions?

......... or simply can't afford two sets !

It won't be easy to sell-on a four car set, I'd guess.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1