Denton Brook 7mm Industrial

Giles

Why I'm not getting anything done this weekend.....

My 10.25 Bagnall at the South Downs Railways outside Pulborough, with a light

load of two coaches

(And I had to spend a couple of hours refitting organ pipes and tuning the whole thing, because our cat thought it was good to climb all over....)

Edited by Giles
  • Like 2

And what happens when a ) inexperienced people over-fire, and b ) do not empty the Ash pan regularly

The 15mm steel baffle plate is now bowed through over-firing, and the grate is destroyed. The only drawback of a marine firebox is that you must keep the space under the grate clear of ash, because as soon as you don't and it fills with ash, air is unable to flow through and keep the grate cool. It takes about five minutes to destroy.

Although I'm not awfully happy, to a certain extent it comes with the territory of owning larger locos which other people get to drive.

FBA374DD-35DA-4D43-A821-270B3EA996D6_zps

And what happens when a ) inexperienced people over-fire, and b ) do not empty the Ash pan regularly

The 15mm steel baffle plate is now bowed through over-firing, and the grate is destroyed. The only drawback of a marine firebox is that you must keep the space under the grate clear of ash, because as soon as you don't and it fills with ash, air is unable to flow through and keep the grate cool. It takes about five minutes to destroy.

Although I'm not awfully happy, to a certain extent it comes with the territory of owning larger locos which other people get to drive.

FBA374DD-35DA-4D43-A821-270B3EA996D6_zps

Oh dear!

I've now added down-pipe brackets to the list of bits that I can provide, complementing the gutter brackets I already listed.

These are two, side-by-side, representing the wider cast type.

Down%20pipe%203_zpscnj1eusz.jpg

Edited by Giles
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I've got round to putting some fencing up - between the fire escape and the gate, and from the gate partway along the line. Just simple post-and-wire, but it's still rather time consuming!

IMG_0588_zpspukafsjw.jpg

IMG_0584_zpslsb4ga82.jpg

Edited by Giles
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally got the first layer of grass down everywhere - and a little time consuming it's been. From here on, there will be more layers, lots of clumps, bushes etc. Etc..

6298A764-1370-4333-8323-6B051843BBC9_zpsj

B9285C49-DE8E-40BA-8DB4-0FE03511F855_zps

Edited by Giles
  • Like 16

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony,

It's EZ line, which is extremely stretchy. It takes a bit of setting up to get an even sag, but you can happily twang it, bump in to it etc... And it will go back to what it was..... It's very good stuff....

• Like 1

I've finally finished the fencing - bar touching in a little paint. it had been a little tedious and time consuming (rather like full-size fences), but I quite like the effect.

IMG_7821_zps3s6cxl4z.jpg

IMG_7815_zpsds1stivx.jpg

Edited by Giles
  • Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

Some bird life is appearing on Denton Brook. This one got a bit smudged when being glued, but has been touched up (since this photo). They're so small I can hardly see them at about 3mm

Sparow_zpsrkcpiekc.jpg

IMG_1435_zpshwnhs9hu.jpg

Edited by Giles
  • Like 9