Hornby Merchant Navy announced (formerly Facebook leak)

miles73128

It's only a couple of months since Hornby's annual announcements. If this is an original MN, and Bachmann also announce one next week, I'm afraid I will buy the one in the blue box, just because Hornby could have so easily done this years ago, or even just announced it last December. Sometimes the decisions Hornby make are completely baffling.

• Agree 1

It's only a couple of months since Hornby's annual announcements. If this is an original MN, and Bachmann also announce one next week, I'm afraid I will buy the one in the blue box, just because Hornby could have so easily done this years ago, or even just announced it last December. Sometimes the decisions Hornby make are completely baffling.

I suppose it depends on who gets the finished product on the shelves first. With Bachmann we are still waiting for locos announced nearly three years ago (5MT, Class 24s etc) without so much as an update from them.

• RMweb Gold

The number of possible variations makes absolute duplication unlikely.

Which I would go for (if any) depends on one of them doing the sort I want. Colour of box therefore undecided until definite plans are announced.

John

• RMweb Premium

If a manufacturer announces a new project once the decision is made to produce then people will complain that it takes forever to produce the model (the lead time will be more than a year from first sign off for most projects) and if they leave it until they are within a year then they risk being accused of copying somebody else if another announces the same model. They are all in a bit of a catch 22 with this one, quite aside from the fact that there is no law against duplicated model releases.

The fairing meeting the buffer beam on this second image would seem to confirm the previous speculation. But which version? I would love 21C1 as originally built with the so-called "Widows Peak" styling but there are many variations and versions leading up to 1956 which could provide a vast number of loco and tender permutations.

• RMweb Gold

One of each will be fine.The more the merrier.Why quibble when you get something you've dreamed about for years.So,one from 21C1 to 9 and the other 35011 to 35030?

• Like 1