New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

• 2 weeks later...

Enough of this diesel stuff for now.... It might make me want to finish my 08, LOL.

Anyway, latest news :-  The test etches for the BR tender chassis are away to the etchers, unfortunately I've learned they are on holiday for a fortnight... So we may not have them back and built up for EXPO EM Autumn in Manchester on the 8/9 September, buxxer. Should have removed the digit sooner.

Also almost ready are three new coupling rods etches for LNER locos, A3, B1 and the much asked for V2. Two versions are on the same fret so you can build them as the original fishbelly rods or the replacement straight flute rods. I'll post photos later to explain the difference, some locos ended up with a mix of both even on the same side.

I am hoping to have a new bufferstop ready for the show, GCR heavy rail built stop and planning a GCR, ML&S wooden stop. I'm not sure if I'll have the first of the pregroup Southern area stops ready as I'm still working on them.

See some of you at EXPO EM. :) 

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just reporting that the master for the Great Central Railway bufferstop is now finished and can go in a mould so all going well they should be for sale at  EXPO EM in Manchester on the 8th & 9th September. The stop I understand to be a MS&L Rly heavy design adopted by the Great Central and then with modifications by the LNER, they had a long life and the odd one can still be seen today.

Loads of bolts and bits of rail but still only five parts to put together plus optional buffer blocks which some stops had in the beginning.

post-10324-0-24222700-1535147472.jpg

post-10324-0-09917500-1535147484.jpg

Cruel photos of the stops held together with bluetack.

Dave Franks.

• Like 12

Tasty temptation Mr Frank, expect a new order once they are ready.

Thanks Iain, these have been asked for on a number of occasions so I hope they sell.

Next are some pre-group Southern types first being a LBSC stop.

Dave Franks.

• Like 3

Hi People, the Great Central Railway bufferstops have been successfully cast and will be packed this week, the instructions though have still to be done but unfortunately the CAD program for the drawing is not working since the old computer had a 'core meltdown', I'm hoping to download the CAD program again as Fiona managed to find the codes for the download last night.

Dave.

Hi Dave

With Slaters re-introducing their 20T wooden hopper is their any chance that you would consider adding their distinct buffers to your excellent and extensive buffer emporium?

Hi Mark, yes I'll look into it but I do have a long list of requests to work through....

Dave.

Well, fortunately the CAD reload worked so I could get the schematic done for the new GCR bufferstop instructions.

post-10324-0-58935400-1536160333.jpg

post-10324-0-19712900-1536160892.jpg

Great Central Railway bufferstop, the bufferblocks are optional.

Will be available at EXPO EM in Manchester then on the website, usual prices.

Other new items will be:-

145 solder wire (not leadfree so it works).

Good quality drill sets from EXPO.

2mm selftapping screws and drill to suit.

Plastic compatable oilers for bearings and for gears.

Expo German made cutting broaches, nice quality....

See some of you at Manchester.

Dave Franks.

• Like 3

The new 4mm scale Great Central Railway bufferstop kit is now up on the website:-  http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com/lanarkshiremodelsandsupplieswebsite_204.htm

Released at EXPO EM Autumn show in Manchester last weekend it was well received by those in the know of all things GC including members of the GC society.

Available singly at £5.95 or in boxes of five for £27.50.

Quite a few were sold but I can easily make more.

Dave Franks

• Like 1

Yours was one of the stands I'm afraid I didn't get to on Sunday - blame 'The Jackson', he kept me talking for ages.

I wanted to register another vote for buffers for the Slaters P7 hopper - nothing to do with the fact that I have some ABS ones with them missing.....

I can supply photos of a sort, but you must know some people who hang around near Beamish doing very little......

Here's some photos of the new BR tender chassis test builds for EM and P4.

post-10324-0-46561100-1536875427.jpg

post-10324-0-81887400-1536875415.jpg

post-10324-0-17193400-1536875403.jpg

Couple of niggly things to adjust then a production etch will be done.

Hope you likey.

The new loco coupling rods are also going straight to production from the test etch and hopefully will be available for the Workshopwise event in Stannington, Newcastle on Tyne next month.

What are they?

Well it's the North East so they are LNER  - B1, A3 and the much requested V2, all have the alternative fishbelly flute or the later straight flute.

Dave Franks.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Just, sort of, leave these here...

attachicon.gif20180911_161034.jpg

attachicon.gif20180911_161043.jpg

attachicon.gif20180911_161205.jpg

Note offset bolts...

NER...

attachicon.gif20180911_161226.jpg

LNE...

attachicon.gif20180911_161237.jpg

Looking at these I see they are handed and only have three bolts but I can do that, of course I can just see if I don't. Just don't expect NER on the step.....

Dave.

Just back from the club. Testing of another of the new BR1 tender chassis this time fitted to a DJH kit tender went very well. The Britannia Dornoch Firth now has a springy tender and as such it doesn't clatter about at all now. The usual Thames-Clyde Express was hauled, shunted back and forth into the lye sidings and then coupled up to some more coaches and eventually 42 coaches were being hauled and reversed round the layout, a record for Wharfeside and a good test of the new CSB sprung tender chassis which never complained.

Hopefully they will be available in a month or so.

The new 4mm coupling rods for LNER B1, V2 and A3-A4 are at the etchers so hopefully will be released at the Workshop Wise event in Stannington near Newcastle on Tyne.

Dave.

Those tender chassis look great, pity the GW didn't use them, the break linkages are definitely the dogs doo dahs.

Highlevel do tender chassis for their Collett and Dean loco chassis but you need to arrange your own suspension.

Dave Franks.

That's good. Have at least two or three DJH BR1B/C/D/F etc. tenders, plus Alan Gibson's own BR1s which these chassis could go under.

I feel a sale coming on....

A certain person on here christened me 'Auntie Wainwright' .... but that's not me at all.

Yes Ivan, a simple mod to the DJH cast underframes and you can fit and forget the CSB chassis, I think it was 20 minutes work on the DJH prebuilt frames after building our chassis up. I would imagine the AG tender would be even easier as it would be flat under the footplate, chassis attaches with selftappers, drill supplied too.

I'm working on the modern Hornby tender mod at the moment, a bit more involved.

Dave Franks.

• Like 1