New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

I suspect he likes it more if they stand on him.....

I'm saying nothing for fear of recriminations.

Dave Franks

And I never said 'there's been a murder' in Taggart either.... Why do people keep saying it to me?

Edited by davefrk

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we've been busy but sorry not busy enough. The LNER bufferstop won't be ready for EXPO North at Manchester this weekend but, a few other things will be available.

Coach vents

post-10324-0-74317300-1441902238.jpg

LMS style low profile Torpedo vent for all sorts of coaches including SR and LNER too.

and an LMS ridge dome vent for LMS/BR Porthole and late LMS/BR built non corridor coaches.

Loco lamps

post-10324-0-58761100-1441902381_thumb.jpg

Midland/early LMS loco lamp, still around in the sixties.

and an LNER 'small' loco lamp.

LMS Stanier guards van detailing kit.

post-10324-0-30695300-1441902608.jpg

Contains a new etched ballast box, correct buffers, vac pipes if required and coupling hooks.

A much requested kit for those who don't want the full track cleaner kit for this van.

And not forgetting the latest North Eastern stopblock

post-10324-0-98416700-1441903042.jpg

Other new items include an up side down vacuum cylinder for hopper wagons etc.

Diesel loco OLEO buffer with a smaller head for class 24/25s etc.

Three new coupling rod sets:- Ivatt/BR 2MT locos, WD 2-8-0, LMS 8F 2-8-0. 

Please remember though, we don't take cards at shows but we do on our website.

All the best,

Dave Franks.

• Like 5

Those LMS lamps look spot on. With a couple of modifications just the job for brake van side lamps.

Oh Bu**er it. That means there's no excuse for me not to finish this brake van.

post-508-0-75778400-1441907421_thumb.jpg

post-508-0-82083600-1441907410.jpg

See ya Sunday with a pocket full of shekels. (If you haven't sold out)

Thinks: "Or do I hold on for the inevitable two lens brake van lamp?".

p

Are your shekels legal tender in the North West?

I'd have thought that coming from your side of the border you'd have known the answer to that question and been prepared to take any currency that holds value.

As has happened many times in the past all currency will be handed over to the gaffer. (Fiona) :smile_mini2:

P

I'd have thought that coming from your side of the border you'd have known the answer to that question and been prepared to take any currency that holds value.

As has happened many times in the past all currency will be handed over to the gaffer. (Fiona) :smile_mini2:

P

Correct on all counts, except, we don't take wool products even if it is from an Ex. But let's not start that again.

Dave Franks

You managed to get access to the Cemflo at North Road the other week then Porcy?

A few Cemflos may grace the rails of Longcarse West's replacement eventually. Sooner if Enterprising Western finishes his rake and can be persuaded to offer them in a loan.

Edited by Waveydavey

You managed to get access to the Cemflo at North Road the other week then Porcy?

Donned my special forces clothing & equipment and went on a clandestine off grid mission. Then got stuck on top of the presflo.

Sooner if Enterprising Western finishes his rake and can be persuaded to offer them in a loan.

You'll be swopping Mikes achievable excellence wheel sets for proper scale ones then. Unless Mike makes his wheel sets multi gauge. At least the buffers will be the right distance apart.

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Donned my special forces clothing & equipment and went on a clandestine off grid mission. Then got stuck on top of the presflo.

You'll be swopping Mikes achievable excellence wheel sets for proper scale ones then. Unless Mike makes his wheel sets multi gauge. At least the buffers will be the right distance apart.

P

My wagon building skills allow for any one of a numerous variety of track gauges, and as I have measured and drilled brass channel for the bufferbeam I wouldn't guarantee the latter either.

Mike.

Well people, I've finally got around to putting the new stuff on the website, hooray do I hear you cry... Yes I had to restock some things after EXPO North but a few hours casting after a few days off  has replenished the missing items.  

At EXPO Nth the new loco lamps went down a storm, the small LNER lamp is the first product to use 3D printing for the master but other items that were printed I wasn't too happy with so it's back to hand crafting for them.

The new Diesel OLEO buffer with the smaller head (as suggested by that purveyor of patter Mike 'what's his face', see above) sold a few but people didn't perhaps know it was available.

Another item that had been asked for is the etch for the deep ballast box under the LMS Stanier guards van, a new etch for the box has been done and a pack containing the etch, correct buffers, coupling hooks and vac pipes if needed is available.

The new coach vents too were well received at EXPO Nth, LMS torpedo and ridge dome vents in packs of twenty.

And of course the new and last of the NER bufferstops has been selling 'okay' but perhaps the next one will light some fires, an LNER standard type to suit anywhere from London to Aberdeen... Available in a few weeks.

That's all folks,

Dave Franks.