"DUCHESS OF SUTHERLAND" of cardboard

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, it would be great shame if the photos of Mimics stunning modelmaking vanished into the photobucket hole. They really should be available to inspire modelmakers of the future. 

( That also goes for a lot of very impressive models previously available via RM web and referenced to photobucket, but too many to list all of them) 

Hi in New Year!

Phil, rockershovel, thanks.

Now I'd like to show you indicators, gauges for control pressure of steam, pressure of compressed air, volume of water etc.

My first idea was use pics for dials. 

post-25893-0-73359600-1500922361_thumb.jpg

Because effect was rather poor and didn't satisfied me I drew they in CAD:

post-25893-0-53059100-1500922380_thumb.png

After shrinking they to diam. around 4 mm. they looked as follow:

post-25893-0-74537900-1500922401_thumb.jpg

Assembly rest of elements and painting gives result as below:

post-25893-0-34471900-1500922419_thumb.jpg

post-25893-0-33392900-1500922435_thumb.jpg

You could evaluate if my effort had sense  :drag:

Rgds

Mirek

Edited by Mirmic
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

These are amazing, and you have made me rethink my attitude to card for anything other than modelling buildings.  I doubt I could ever do anything even a tenth as good as these models; your bogie assembly looks quite astonishingly real, but if you can make a Duchess or 241P of that sort of quality, then I ought to be able to at least have a go at a matchboarded GWR autocoach!  I've a layout to finish first before I have time for that sort of adventure, but you have triggered my imagination; thank you!

Hi,

The Johnster, paper or cardboard is the same good material for modelling as another. Needs only take into consideration that is much weaker. Generally what we observe? There are full metal model, from mixed material (metal, plastic) and from another. It depends of their functionality. As a static model cardboard loco has sense but motorized? Rather no.

In my case I like process of built. Later model can stay on the shelf.  Metal model or cardboard model on the shelf will be the same good. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hmm, it would be great shame if the photos of Mimics stunning modelmaking vanished into the photobucket hole. They really should be available to inspire modelmakers of the future. 

( That also goes for a lot of very impressive models previously available via RM web and referenced to photobucket, but too many to list all of them) 

Dear visitors,

Very sorry for delay in continuation this topic, I promise that will be continuated. Now I have very busy time and it is a true reason..

Regarding Photobucked I was unpleasant surprised, promise replace pics and load them to RMweb server.

Cheers

Mirek

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
Good evening,

As in previous post, sorry for small progress in building this engine but still I have not so much time. Fortunatelly if I have some spare I built a little bit. 

Now I work over the "altar" of the crew.

To tell the truth fingers after "lazy" time not won't so accuracy to operate small elements but...

The result of two evenings: 

post-25893-0-59890600-1511032136_thumb.jpg      post-25893-0-69586900-1511032147_thumb.jpg     post-25893-0-26524600-1511032157_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 6 months later...

Steve, dear Visitor,

some posts ago I've promised continuation this topic and and I'm going to keep my word.

Work over engine is going terrible slowly. I have no time for my hobby.

Since the last post I've made only few elements.

What I've made you can see below.

post-25893-0-52644000-1527884554_thumb.jpg

post-25893-0-93840500-1527884570_thumb.jpg

Best Regards

Mirek

• Like 4