4mm Engines & Drive Parts

Pete Harvey

EMD 645 V12 would be nice.

Not to say the current offerings aren't, they're stunning.

If print sized for HO for the 567 V12  and 645 V16 you could attract a large North American market.

Edited by autocoach

If print sized for HO for the 567 V12  and 645 V16 you could attract a large North American market.

Only mentioned that variant as  being fitted to class 57's.

Perhaps modular prints ?

Also saw on thingingverse (I think) a Deltic OK only one line but would be interesting nonetheless

please for any one ordering any of these parts from Shapeways please remember to check the box that says Print Anyway or items in your order will be rejected by Shapeways.

It will be possible to reorder in the material's you want.

I have no control over Shapeways but the items will print if Print Anyway is cecked as others have had them printed.

Pete

Edited by Pete Harvey

I would be happy to look at other engines and traction motors if modelers want them?

The book I have that has the drawing of the engine in it (Author O.S.Nock) references the engine and being used in the 47 and does not mention the 48 but some one I showed it to said "why have you done an engine for a 48" that's why it says "4mm Sulzer Class 47/48 Engine" but they are basically the same engine as far as I can find out just with a few more bits on the top & as I have said in the corner of a Depot or under a mucky tarp who will be that bothered, as it fits in with the location.

Pete 

The V engines replaced when the 48s became 47s were sent to France where they were used in the 68500 series diesel electrics, converting them into more 68000s. The similar 68000 series had the same Sulzer engines from new, but the 68500s had AGO engines that proved rather less reliable. Anyway, this means the '48' Sulzer might worth doing in H0 too.

Edited by BernardTPM

Pete,

I tried purchasing the paxman valenta and a couple of class 47 gearboxes there was no option for "print anyway"

after a few days my order was cancelled and when going back to the website the white (cheaper) option seems to be no longer available.

any advice please

Gary, I think Pete needs to select a checkbox for models that are PIA. Eligible products should have so checkbox next to it.

I've just tried on the Shapeways shop and there was no option to PIA.

I have tried buying as a guest and you don't have an option for edit cart

I then created a login and am able to edit the cart but there is no option for print anyway, please see attached screenshot.

Have tried on my iPad and PC but it doesn't appear on either.

Does anyone have any ideas on why I am not getting this option?

post-19340-0-88567300-1430643695_thumb.jpg

Gary

I have tried to order from a laptop I have not used to log into my Shapeways on and have found the same thing, I did have the same thing with a customer who had problems a few weeks a go who was ordering parts for the rail grinder and found that his web browser was not up to date so he updated and all worked fine including "Print it Anyway" and he was using Windows 8.1.

Other than that I do not know why you are not getting the PIA option.

You could order the engine in FUD I know it's a lot but compared to the amount of time it would take you to scratch build it's value for money and you would have a lot less cleaning up to do than with White Strong.

If you still run into problems if you would like to you could send my the payment i.e. A Cheque and I will order it for you?

Pete   

Edited by Pete Harvey

I have added the Sulzer 12 LDA 28-C-1 to my Shapeways shop

post-6665-0-94001900-1430677127_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-61657100-1430677129_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-46179700-1430677131_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-82816700-1430677134_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-60801500-1430677136_thumb.jpg

As I have said before remember to check the Print It Anyway box when ordering if you cannot don't order what you want from shapeways contact me through my site and as long as payment is sent to me I will order the parts for you?

Pete

Pete,

gave it some thought especially regarding the quality of the plain plastic printing.

There appears to be a lot of excellent detail on the models and I would like to see this so have ordered the FUD versions of the Paxman Valenta and the Class 47 gearboxes

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P9c.jpg

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P10c.jpg

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P11c.jpg

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P12c.jpg

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P13c.jpg

As I have said before remember to check the Print It Anyway box when ordering if you cannot don't order what you want from shapeways contact me through my site and as long as payment is sent to me I will order the parts for you?

Pete

Now that's more like it :good: :good:

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P9c.jpg

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P10c.jpg

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P11c.jpg

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P12c.jpg

attachicon.gifSulzer 12 LDA 28-P13c.jpg

Pete

It's very good!  At the risk of being pedantic I think this represents a class 47 power unit in as originally fitted condition. They soon had crankcase explosion relief valves fitted. If you look at the picture I posted on page 1 they are the large round items running along the crank case cover in between the securing screws that you seem to have done so well. As the modification was done very early on the Class 47 would have had them for almost all their working life.

Edited by Titan

Remember that the 45 comes in two flavors. 45/0 has a DC gen set while the 45/1 comes with a AC set up for ETH

As for the V12 (class 48) units, a healthy 105 where built with at least one V16 done for "Kestrel"