7mm and larger Modelling Down Under - Layouts & Modelling projects

SMR CHRIS

I thought it was about time I started a thread for my 7mm Modelling, and as I always seen to have several projects on the go I will try and update as I go and keep editing this first post with an index as required of the thread.

An introduction

SMR Chris

I live in the Big land Down Under, Australia

On the Central Coast of New South Wales.

Railway Modeller from Birth and just hit middle age.

Modelling interests are Varied and am what they call a rubber gauger but my primary interest is 7mm.

I was lucky enough to to grow up with a DAD who is a very good modeller and hopefully some of that rubbed off.

7mm modelling took over as the main focus about 12 -15 years ago until then it had been just dabbling the odd Slaters or Cooper craft kit and British Rail themed.

The local Australian modelling or NSWGR was very sparse, mostly dominated by corse scale or 3 rail models and the fine scale British just had the edge with product availability and still dose but the local market producers are working hard to rectify that with some nice models available and I was swayed by one of these and started modelling in both the local NSWGR and British Rail.

Lots of projects going and working hard to promote that with O scale you don't need a huge space to Be a Oscale modeller.

Now on to the modelling a projects is that are ongoing loco builds rolling stock and layouts, since mid year 2017 “Newcastle Station” a large terminus Station the Buildings for the layout have mostly been restored it has been a ongoing project, however the layout part reconstruction has been put on hold at the moment due to other projects and the fact that very little of the original sub structure is usable due to the conditions the intermediate owners stored it “wet”

Moonan Flats small exhibition layout.

I'm still adding bits to my Moonan Flats exhibition model railway and the occasional exhibition attendance with it as wel, as they say a model railway is never really finished this model railway is usually set up so new Model can be tested and the occasional shunting session,

Project videos and photos follow.

Current project ETS toy train style model to closer to scale model 

lost of modifications and aditions  jump to the last page to see progress

2AB7CCE9-259C-407D-A318-6F79157C0E4A.jpeg.3f13a64b9a11f565a48dccb54f3899c2.jpeg

Baldwin USA built for NSWGR,  59 Class 5917.

post-14985-0-73467600-1540181883_thumb.jpeg

Newcastle as exhibted by its original builder Ron Fox of Fox Model Trains fame

post-14985-0-18701000-1502463351_thumb.jpg

And the current condition of one of the station boards after being through several owners

post-14985-0-70781100-1502463585_thumb.jpg

My small NSWGR theamed Moonan Flats Model Railway designed for exhibitions to demonstrate you don't need a huge amaout of space to model in A larger scale a video of the layout on display at an exhibition

Next a quick video of a NSWGR train passing on the layout, East Maitland a Shelf style model railway designed to fit down a garage wall.

The Latest model railway project (Newcastle) is a big challenge to rebuild a former exhibition model railway that has been neglected by subsequent owners and once again be able to exhibit.

Moonan Flats Small exhibition layout video

Live Steam 1/32 Scale

Sound & Lighting in the models are another area of the hobby that I find an interest.

post-14985-0-84790000-1427882482_thumb.jpg

Between my self and my Dad there are several layouts to run our Oscale models on.

Like Dibley seen in the photo below with a GWR mogul at the Loco facility.

post-14985-0-02117300-1427882442_thumb.jpg

The Railways sizes vary from super small for O scale Humpys Flat the back drop that wraps around the left end has a hole in it for a sector plate making a 3 track inglenook theme see build link in signature below.

post-14985-0-65666700-1427883051_thumb.jpg

To a Railway that you can fit a lot more on this is Valley Yard, the yard part of what will eventually represent the rest of the main northern Lines for my representation of the Toronto a Branch of the NSWGR a unique lake side station and yard more on that project later.

post-14985-0-19616800-1427884373.jpg

Down Under We also like really big British Australian Loco's

Here's one under construction by my Dad form a DJH kit.

post-14985-0-62055200-1427884875_thumb.jpg

For a further introduction to Down under 7mm modelling & larger

Some more photos of some of my Model railways

East Maitland that I am giving a scenic upgrade NSWGR 35 class on a passenger train

post-14985-0-05892800-1427885492_thumb.jpg

Lake Side railway Toronto NSW Australia the yard the station is up the hill behind the photographer

Lots of research has gone into this model railway and some structures are built or under construction at the moment

post-14985-0-10505900-1427885668_thumb.jpg

I hope you will find some interest in what is Down Under 7mm modelling.

And the many projects I will put up as they progress like this little one a conversion of a U.S. model to an Australian version.

post-14985-0-04834700-1427886714_thumb.jpg

DAB47616-8394-475A-B2EA-4B6DCDA3A2FA.jpeg.b96ea28544a8872c9a393f565d2d1585.jpeg

Moonan Flat

compcat O scale with lots of operating potential .

Track plan

post-14985-0-94721200-1440511617_thumb.jpg

Mock up of the basic track layout whilst building

post-14985-0-36738800-1440511571.jpg

Finished and at a Exhibition 

04EB64CB-1CE1-4D71-840F-C50084C99CC8.jpeg.68c78f553605f0e7252e23f5e7b117dd.jpeg

Video of train shunting on Moonan Flats as the layout was taking shape with the scenic’s

Pride of the fleet 3805 it's taken a long time but it's on track now

Another layout A small O scale diorama/model railway plus a ongoing scenic upgrade and some new track work on the East Maitland (photos above) Shelf with, O scale Model Railway and the planning of a Loco Shed scene for my Dad and I to display our large Collection of locos, inspired by Treads in "7mm modelling"

Feel free to comment and make suggestions as I put up projects.

You may have a better way of doing something than I have and if there is an easier or better way I would realy like to know.

Plus some larger models will occasionally appear as the section is 7mm and above Modelling you will see some of my garden Gauge models like this NSWGR live steam C38 class live steam with RC in 1/32 scale

post-14985-0-95682800-1540182228_thumb.jpegpost-14985-0-80454500-1540182260_thumb.jpeg

Happy ModelOing

post-14985-0-19018900-1445773065.jpg

Edited by SMR CHRIS
Update header Page
  • Like 18

Hi Chris. It was good to see you at the forum a couple of weeks ago. Please pass my thanks to your father for helping me figure out a few details with the Sprinside Pug that he's nearly finished.

I knew not what it meant to covet my neighbour's goods until I saw your O gauge collection!

The Toronto Branch Line.

Toronto is a BLT one of the most British style branch lines in the state of New South Wales

Starting as a Horse drawn tram way and gradually over its life became a railway that even Hosted a Royal Tour with the Royals alighting from a Launch after motoring around Lake Maquarrie onto the Royal Train that had been positioned in the yard next to the Lake side wharf.

The line was formally opened on 7th March, 1891 and closed just short of 100years service in 1990.

It was approximately 4 miles in lenght.

Running from the Main line junction station of Fassifern to the lake side of Toronto

Literally located on the side of the lake

A 30 class starts the runaround of its train.

post-14985-0-66149800-1427893766_thumb.jpg

An early view Of Toronto looking towards the lake and rail yard the station is at the bottom of the cutting at the left of the photo

post-14985-0-14890200-1427894351.jpg

Track plan of the final yard layout before it became just a terminating single Line platform

post-14985-0-98864900-1427896914.jpg

The people of Toronto loved there Train

post-14985-0-83951000-1427897019.jpg

Picnic day at Toronto

post-14985-0-38532900-1427897054.jpg

Horse Drawn Toronto tram

post-14985-0-62205800-1427897502_thumb.jpg

This little station and yard should make a nice layout.

I have assisted a friend build a O scale Diorama of the station area only but I am planning to have the station only partly compressed and the yard also selectively compressed.

The platform is around 15ft on its own at scale lenght in 7mm and was in reality capable of holding 12 to 14 passenger cars to Handel the Picnic day traffic when thousands of people would decend on this lakeside town requiring many trains to handel the loads of people.

post-14985-0-44379800-1427899070_thumb.jpg

This very British style Branch will make a great model with some interesting operations at least you can fill the yard with passenger trains and be true to Prototype.

More colour photos to come along with some notes on the goods and passenger traffic.

• Like 13

I reckon that you could make it to take an 8-car train and run only 5 or 6 in convincingly. That's room for an End-Platform set or an R car set with room to spare.

I reckon that you could make it to take an 8-car train and run only 5 or 6 in convincingly. That's room for an End-Platform set or an R car set with room to spare.

Martin just what I was planning a minimum 8 car lenght based on End platform cars And just a little more in the yard for runaround lengths for at least 8 plus 1 the yard had 2 long sidings that if you made the loop 9 cars would allow 8 in the sidings. I have a photo somewhere with 2 L car sets as one train in the platform.

30 class on 5 cars leaving the yard

post-14985-0-36869100-1427985192_thumb.jpg

One of the weekly freight turns would be to pick up the empty Beer kegs regualy 2 S type open wagons loads

These Kegs usually arrived in a MRC bogie covered wagon or Louver van.

post-14985-0-58776100-1427986298_thumb.jpg

Local farmers would load stock into CW cattle wagons but there wasn't a stock loading race.

The platform was used a stock pen was located just up the hill from the station and with the platform fencing so arranged the stock would be herded down to the platform and loaded.

post-14985-0-38865700-1427986723_thumb.jpg

A local freight arrives the guards van bigger than the train LHG guards vans were regualy used as they had plenty of room for general goods.

post-14985-0-86341800-1427987071_thumb.jpg

A later view of the station with a Diesel rail motor 620/720 class

The platform at this stage has well established gardens and a white picket fence.

post-14985-0-80150400-1427987508_thumb.jpg

I hope this is not boring anyone as I outline the workings of this very British style Australian branch line

This is possibly one of the factors that draws me to want to model it

• Like 11

Is this going to be the start of your shed scene layout Chris?

No but The Shed has to fit somewhere between this and the Hunter yard section of the layout.

Planning is under way for the shed and it will get priority over the Toronto Branch. As the main line will have to run past it

With Toronto it only needs to have a max of 2 locos on the layout section at any one time so need a shed for the other 28 to simmer

I have acquired a TT possibly Atlas ?? to see if I can use, don't know much about it a friend had it spare so he is sending it down to me to see if it can be used or modified to use?? More on that when it arives in the post if not suitable will go with a similar style to your Shed scene I would like to model at least part of a round house like many NSWGR sheds most of it was open air and a few covered tracks in a 1/4 round house section

Well it's the Easter Long weekend and the Rain has not let up all day so started a DCC sound conversion on an old loco got it to a running stage so did a quick video. The noise in the back ground ist the rain on the roof Link below

The Loco is a NSWGR 20 class that was scratch built mostly from brass and plastic.

Originally it had a my loco sound unit for DC opperation

For the DCC conversion I also fitted a switch so the loco could be also run on straight DC bypassing the decoder to get the best control on DC the Decoder used Is TCS Wow sound so no sound when used on DC anyway.

The switch I decided to mount in the coal bunker that had coal fitted long ago using urethane to bond it in place this ended up being a challenge to remove however this was done by drilling lots of small holes and using a die cutter bit, a small amount of soldering to the brass bunker was required to mount the switch which fits neatly and will be hidden by the new coal Load made removable by using black soft foam with real coal bonded to it a much better method as stops any issues with Real Coal and glue creating an acidic reaction that can result in corrosion. The inside of the bunker has now had a repaint and the switch works as intended

post-14985-0-24977900-1428163904.jpg

The loco's smoke box end also got a new headlight a lost wax Casting and will also get a new lost wax smoke box dart to replace the flat impression cast on the door casting. When I find where I put the castings.

The Head light will get a LED to illuminate and the hole from the old wireing will get filled. Jobs for another day.

post-14985-0-62005200-1428165101.jpg

Nice clear sound from the speaker positioning in the front of the tank section

Also got some decals sleeping on my 72ft TAM Sleeping car

post-14985-0-44286400-1428165280_thumb.jpg

post-14985-0-55328100-1428165452_thumb.jpg

Happy Modelling

• Like 8

Lovely to see a 20 class running around! I'm starting to wonder if the kit, announced 10 years ago, will actually ever be available. I'm starting to think that I should buy a Century 19 class locomotive and work on a conversion. The only way the kit will come out is if I put a lot of hard work into kit-bashing or scratch-building one myself.

Lovely to see a 20 class running around! I'm starting to wonder if the kit, announced 10 years ago, will actually ever be available. I'm starting to think that I should buy a Century 19 class locomotive and work on a conversion. The only way the kit will come out is if I put a lot of hard work into kit-bashing or scratch-building one myself.

Thanks Martin the 20 is scratch built from brass and plastic, Col Shepard dome and chimney and some castings I'm giving it a make over that has included lowering the body to the correct hight 3.5 mm lower resoldering some of the body joints a DC / DCC compatible conversion some Oaust lost wax castings to replace some old castings like the smoke box door dart and head light also need to build a back head as dosn't have one at all thinking may contact peter at Oaust and get a 30 class one and modify.

I feel the DCC sound in ths loco has come out realy good reproduction wise with speaker position and insulated mounting using 3M double sided tape rolled to make a mount in 4 spots seems to have done the trick no resonance through the body.

Re the KR models Kit of a 20 class

Martin at the forum just gone, John Parker said a peice on behalf of Kerian Ryan that the model kit would be out September that got a big Laugh from the gallery also we were told that he would update the web page for it http://7mmz20classloco.blogspot.com.au on the first of April obvously an early April fools day joke as the site is still years out of date, also John said that the BMT kit would be out this I made a mistake with 2 years ago he had the tank parts, saddles just no frame for sale for about $25 should have got the bits and scratched a fame from styrene but though wait and get the full kit with bogies frame etc (was only a mouth way according to Kerian) but it won't come with bogies now anyway so will have to buy a set of Warratah.

2 years ago Kerian tried to get me to put a deposit on a 20 class saying it would be out in a few Months I declined and told him when and if he did get the kit to that stage I would get one.

I know of 2 people that paid a deposit when it was first announced one hell of a long wait the PSM C38 is turning into a similar situation has been 3 years since I orded it.

As far as putting a kit into production I know a little bit about it with the work on the TAM Car

We have been working on the Big River Models TAM car for a year and the only things holding us up now, are parts that are not done in house, that don't get made to the exact specifications on the suplied drawings and have to be re done several times like the springs and Axle boxes made 1mm over size all round they think it's just a toy train and the parts endup getting done in house but some times the other option of getting a specilist to do, you would think to be quicker and cheaper but ends up costing in the long run trials and tribulations of bringing a kit to market

• Like 1

I understand that there are delays involved with production. However, there was another infamous delayed kit from another manufacturer, which almost had a very, very ugly ending because monies had been taken.

The FO and CCA were other kits supposed to be out years ago, and one of them has been released as a kit from another manufacturer, and I've been pushing him to do up a conversion kit for the former to make the latter.

• Like 1

The FO and CCA were other kits supposed to be out years ago, and one of them has been released as a kit from another manufacturer, and I've been pushing him to do up a conversion kit for the former to make the latter.

Martin your going to have to remind me, who else was going to do the FO and CCA! I know the Oaust's one was a while coming it ended up being a quite a nice model if a little too expensive.

post-14985-0-26733600-1428506880_thumb.jpg

Big river had the masters basically finished for the FO's but when Oaust announced they were going to do it they were not finalised but are still there may be revisited one day with the CCA if it dosn't end up being done by Oaust

I'm going to be doing a one peice cast roof and new end tops above the doors as infills to match the open roof, to suit the Fox FO castings and will look at a one peice floor for the cars as well this will update the Fox Castings, sides & ends to a more accurate model.

On a lighter note

Over on another site Hartlymartin form here,

reminded everyone of the model railway rules

And I will quote him below

"People seem to forget rules of the hobby:

Rule 1: My railway, my rules.

Rule 2: If in doubt, see rule 1."

With that as an excuse this ran on the layout to night

post-14985-0-02416400-1428508101.jpg

The Loco is a NSWGR 58class referred to as the mountain class as they were for heavy hauling of freight over the range and only on the odd trial or tour train did they ever haul passanger services.

With a Tractive effort of 55,008 lbf the little timber end veranda cars buffer beams would have been in danger of being turned into matchsticks.

• Like 4

Take a closer look at the versions of the FO cars that Big River were looking at producing. There were several body styles over the years and it would be good to have a couple of different types available to run on a layout.

I really like the match-board siding ones. As I recall from field measurements, they scale out at about 1.5mm in O scale.

And of course, you could always look at doing the L-car sets, as O-Aust did the R-car sets.

Edited by hartleymartin
  • Like 1

I believe that the 57 class (precursor to the 58) was trialled on certain express runs. They gained time on the run being faster on the hilly sections, but lost it on the flats. There's a good reason why our top express locomotives like the 36 and 38 classes only had 5'9" driving wheels when the typical similar British locomotives had 6'8" ones!

On 09/04/2015 at 12:59, hartleymartin said:

I believe that the 57 class (precursor to the 58) was trialled on certain express runs. They gained time on the run being faster on the hilly sections, but lost it on the flats. There's a good reason why our top express locomotives like the 36 and 38 classes only had 5'9" driving wheels when the typical similar British locomotives had 6'8" ones!

Your Right on the money Martin

They trialled on the Central West Express and a photo dose exist of one in the platform at the head of the CWE after having just arived at Sydney Central, someone sent me a link to the photo but I can't find it to give you the number of the loco. I'm still looking if I fined it, I will post it.

F5866A47-5A8A-4F30-9382-1B2817B9055C.jpeg.473725d01ceb96913788e509aa7e0c60.jpeg610EA91C-6502-43C2-9775-6CFBE6A41BD2.jpeg.0e8c2628baa600c57f8967c1f69f5c6a.jpeg660A80A1-8BE0-4F8A-8E7E-7D46B7063BD3.jpeg.c94add3710146a8819cffae8ad728ef5.jpeg

Edited by SMR CHRIS
Add photo links to tour

L273 a shunter's Truck

A while back on Hartleymartin thread on his O scale stuff Martin started a L shunter's truck and after supplying Martin some photos that I had found for my own version of the same conversion from a S wagon to L shunter's truck we decided Martin would do his one as L774 and the one I had started to build would become L273 with each truck being very different in its internal treatment.

So with some other projects underway I wasn't planing to do any more with my Version of L273 until I realised I needed another transition Coupled vehicle (knuckle coupler with 3 link attached) for shunting that I decided, "no time like the present" pulled out the kit that had, had the doors cut but that was it and made a start on finishing.

This is what it will end up like L273

post-14985-0-70675600-1428940701.jpg

So far the cutting out of the doors has been finished off then with doors removed the floor edge was then made to represent the ends of the floor timbers using a fine hobby knife blade to cut the gaps between the planks.

Then the one peice cast white metal sole bar with W irons + axle boxes along with the wheels where fitted to the floor.

Next the brake shoes were drilled ready to accept the linking rods, after fitted when the glue had cured, it was out to the Railway for some quick tests of the rolling Chassis all was good so it is now down to fitting the relevant detail parts and undercarriage parts.

Progress so far see photos below

Well there's not much to the kit so it's an easy build the only adjustment is due to my choice of fitting finer North Yard Wheel sets instead of Slaters ones the kit was designed around.

There are a few slight differance in the kits between the one Martin is doing and this one as they are the same model by 2 different manufactures.

post-14985-0-49772400-1428934640.jpg

Tomorrow should see the rest of the buffers fitted and the under side brake gear completed before attention is turned to the inside fit out of the truck and the shunter's steps below where the wagon doors had been.

More photos as L273 progresses

post-14985-0-66838900-1428939572.jpg

Edited by SMR CHRIS
  • Like 6

I see plenty of progress happening there Chris.Look forward to seeing the finished project.

I've finally received the rest of the parts needed to get on with the coal train so I might get back into that project.

regards

Bob

I see plenty of progress happening there Chris.Look forward to seeing the finished project.

I've finally received the rest of the parts needed to get on with the coal train so I might get back into that project.

regards

Bob

Thanks Bob

Yes was one of those things, ran out of wagons with duel couplings so decided the shunter's truck was started why not just finish it should be a quick build "as an easy build kit" then Paint /Decal and on the railway and can then be a dedicated shunter's truck so no more "I just used the last 3 link coupled wagon on a train" and then not be able to shunt with the Hook only locos until the next train arives back with a transition link / Kuckel coupler fitted.

Re Bobs Coal train

Great to know that the rest of the parts for the Hoppers arived the first one looked good, so how good is a train load of them going to look running on the railway, at the speed You work Bob you will have them finished before the paint dries on my shunter's Truck I'm aiming for Thursday as want to have a running session on the railway that afternoon. Decided to make a deadline on this so as not to get distracted with other projects.

What are you plans for the couplings? Kadee on one end and a transition link on the other? Consider obtaining a dummy Waratah MkII coupling and attaching the transition link, but make the links bigger using 0.4mm wire. The supplied links are exactly to scale, and can make things difficult when trying to couple up. I used to make up my own links using a pair of small round-nosed pliers, but I have no idea where the little b*****s are these days!

For the steps in the door sections, you can use either the O-Aust or Waratah Brackets, but they will need to be modified to suit.

Only later did I realise that the brackets are in fact too short to be scale models, but I don't think anyone else has noticed yet! (Oh dear, should have kept my mouth shut on that!)

Edited by hartleymartin
  • Like 1

What are you plans for the couplings? Kadee on one end and a transition link on the other? Consider obtaining a dummy Waratah MkII coupling and attaching the transition link, but make the links bigger using 0.4mm wire. The supplied links are exactly to scale, and can make things difficult when trying to couple up. I used to make up my own links using a pair of small round-nosed pliers, but I have no idea where the little b*****s are these days!

For the steps in the door sections, you can use either the O-Aust or Waratah Brackets, but they will need to be modified to suit.

Only later did I realise that the brackets are in fact too short to be scale models, but I don't think anyone else has noticed yet! (Oh dear, should have kept my mouth shut on that!)

Hi Martin going to use Kadee one end, on the other procraft coupler's both with with the transition link mounted on it and yes will oversize the links as this is going to be a working vehicle I will use the Waratah D link and the rest hand made or if I find some more Slaters at the bottom of the parts box will use those to make it easy no work involved just fit. For the step brackets I'm going to make up some step brackets using brass left over from the side of an etch found in the bits-n-peices box this wagon is a little easier than your one as I don't have to fit the rail and decking just some internal timbers across the doors to hold in a barrel of grease and some tools.

Procraft with transition link

post-14985-0-78347400-1428975798.jpg

Kadee mounted on another wagon with made up transition link

And a procraft with the link behind the locking pin I find putting it in front of the pin gives just that little but more lenght and makes it easier to couple as I the top photo.

post-14985-0-78662400-1428976104_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got a bit more done on the Shunter's Truck today still have a little to do however got to the point that I couldn't keep working on it due to my Spinal injury issues pain level got a little out of control.

Just a few more detail parts to be fitted but ran out of 0.5 brass wire with just one coupler release bar fitted. A trip to the shop required to get some more. Need this for the train air pipe and the triple valve rod

Also need to do the last step on the hand brake end this is 0.8 brass and have plenty of that left.

Have also got to fit the a pair of buffers I had left off as thought I had a set of sprung buffers but when I found them they were not the correct type for a S truck.

Lastly need to fit the boards across the truck mounted to the door frame and then it's off to the spay booth hopefully in the afternoon.

post-14985-0-10385600-1429023492.jpg

post-14985-0-96156200-1429023548.jpg

post-14985-0-33312300-1429023578.jpg

Under side detail includes brakes, actuators rodding , air brake cylinder, working hand brake wheel with chain link to actuator. Also represented are the safety loops that were fitted incase one of the links or rods failed

Shunter's running boards with brackets soldered up to suit

post-14985-0-66393600-1429023845.jpg

post-14985-0-05021200-1429023607.jpg

With a bit of luck will get it to painting stage tomorrow fingers crossed.

• Like 7

The Parcel Post man made a delivery this morning of a Turn Table so final planning can now start on the Loco Shed layout. It's much bigger than anticipated with a deck of 610mm long scales out in 7mm to 87foot just big enough to fit the NSWGR 57class

the TT is an Atlas one it is motorised and also has had some details added by the previous owner to make it more Australian Looking

It's not a scale model but it will do the job and if in the future If decide to build a scale TT a 90foot one it can take its place without to much modifications.

post-14985-0-30840300-1429116260_thumb.jpg

Shunter's truck progress.

We best laid plans didn't turn out , my Wife Shelley decide it was too nice a day to stay inside (it was) so we had a drive up the coast and a picnic lunch by a river.

So no more detail parts added to the shunter's truck, but one good thing I didn't need a trip to the hobby shop as I found a brand new tube of 0.5 brass wire hiding in the old Oktoberfest beer glass I ues to keep tubes of wire in, I was sure it wasn't their was but another look hopefully will get some work done during today and fingers crossed in the spray booth.

• Like 6

No paint but the yard shunter is now testing his new Shunting truck to make sure all is good before it gets painted.

I was lucky enough to spend the afternoon with a few local modelers having a what are you modelling session with Kits, ideas and products used talked about its amazing how often you over look some item and another can come along and say have you tried "XYZ" I used it on this model I built. Only thing was it took the time the painting should have been done in.

Any way the shunter is looking pleased with the new addition to his yard

post-14985-0-65191500-1429175201.jpg

post-14985-0-39778400-1429175350.jpg

Edited by SMR CHRIS
  • Like 5