Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

I wonder if they have started posting abroad ones yet? (I know they was planning to start last Wednesday but equally they doubtless busy with APC etc...).

i spoke

I spoke to them yesterday. Overseas orders are being sent from today Tuesday.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well I received mine today, actually addressed to Griffiths but to my address. Posted just as I went on holiday but I managed to get a signal in the farthest stretches of Donegal for my phone and asked the courier to redeliver today and they did. What a wonderful model. Well worth the wait. Very well protected in excellent box and postal wrappings.

I hope Griffiths has their one? Thanks to all those who emailed me about receiving ones addressed to me at their homes.

I trust this has all now been sorted out by the hardworking Locomotion staff, and thank you for all that has gone in to making such a special model.

Even if I would have preferred Gladstone!!!!

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

The guy from APC that collected my spare Single on Friday (at the third time of asking) has just turned up at my doorstep today (Tuesday).............to collect my spare Single and return it to Locomotion.

Ian, glad to see you got a Single, even if it was not the one I returned on Friday that definitely had your name on it.

Phrases about arses and elbows come to mind.

I'm still waiting to hear from Rapido Repairs and/or Locomotion re return and replacement of my loco with the tender with the botched paint touch-up (post no. 1692). After initial good news (post 1719) complete e-mail silence from both after sending several chasers. Half a month from delivery and my loco is still sitting in its box!

• RMweb Gold

I'm still waiting to hear from Rapido Repairs and/or Locomotion re return and replacement of my loco with the tender with the botched paint touch-up (post no. 1692). After initial good news (post 1719) complete e-mail silence from both after sending several chasers. Half a month from delivery and my loco is still sitting in its box!

Blimey,  as annoying as it is, it is less than 2 weeks.

I get the feeling that half the working day is used up answering endless emails  :rolleyes:

Hello,

Sorry to hear that your issue is still outstanding. I have sent you a pm to try and get you resovled asap.

Anybody in Canada or the ROW received theirs yet?

They only "started" sending out international orders Tuesday. Mine is expected tomorrow and I,m in France (next door), I ordered on the first day it was announced, paid fully as soon as it was possible so I doubt there will be many international items sent before mine and they stated they need a good 2 weeks (I suspect more) to go through all the international orders. You should get a notification from UPS once sent (double check that, I had an address error which locomotion put right very quickly - thanks locomotion for your rapid attention there).

Started shipping yesterday and you are expecting delivery?

Teleporters are for Star trek not for Locomotion.

But they do have planes. It could be in the US in less time than a parcel comes to mine from Cornwall or other distant parts of the UK.

I tracked a courier delivery the other week and it took over 40 hours from sending to arriving. It was only a 200 mile journey.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

Jason

I spent 30+ years in logistics.

Unless the recipients address is Louisville Kentucky airport, it is still not going to arrive anywhere outside of the UK today or probably even tomorrow.  In fact I doubt any will be airshipped until this evening at the earliest.

Remember your experience - well they also have to travel 200+ miles to an airport in the UK.  That too takes time.  Then booked in and registered.  Put on a freight plane* (maybe 1 per day, maybe less than 1 per day) and shipped out of the UK.

Customs cleared at the receiving airport.  Picked up and  sent to a central distribution centre.  From there they are put on trucks or may need to be air freighted for a further hop. Finally delivered to the customer in working hours.

*If Locomotion had used the Post Office, then passenger planes might also have come into play, but that would not have improved the delivery time by very much if at all.