Dapol 00 Gauge LSWR B4

ndg910

As far as I can see this loco does not have a topic but have just seen that Dapol's website has been updated with some new developments in the "Product Launches/Product Development" page including a new 00 gauge LSWR B4. The website has nothing further except to say that the model is in CAD/CAM stage.

http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=179_298_301_656

Lets hope Dapol don't take quite as long for this to reach delivery as some of their other recent announcements....

• Like 2

Thanks for the thread I've only just noticed these in the Hattons brochure with Railway Modeller.

May well have to put in a sneaky pre-order for a southern black one and hope all my other southern pre-orders dont turn up at the same time.

ATB

NIK

Did Dapol officially announce the duplication of 96? According to this blog post, Caen is the name, the number being 90;

http://grahammuz.com/2014/03/31/update-regarding-Dapol-ex-lswr-b4-announcement/

Caen Brown would be my choice if it isn't the preserved number - I'm picky in that respect.

Thanks for adding this link it clears up the question I had regarding 88 in southern green, I think this may be the one I go for.

Nik

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody heard any news or updates about the LSWR Adams B4 at Warley ?  Last I heard a few months ago it was still in development.

Cheers,

Chris

Just rxd this from Hattons.....

We thought you may like to know that an item you have on order with us, on order id xxxxxxxxx has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Dapol 4S-018-005 LSWR Class B4 0-4-0 30096 in BR black with late crest £79.00

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between November 2016 & December 2016

Info E-Mail was subject to usual Hattons (well justified) caveats...... so its still in development !!

• RMweb Gold

When I got the same message I thought as we haven't seen an EP yet I'd say that's a tad optimistic ;)

Looking how long it is since we saw prototypes of the 68, 'O' 08 and N pacer they'd really have to get a shift on. It'll turn up faster than I'm going to build one so I'll just look forward to a glut of nice small 0.4.0's sometime soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Really looking forward to this one, the B4 040, all are listed for pre-order at Hattons and they say about Christmas (wonder which though).... Useful small loco, even away from the Docks.

Stephen.

And there was one at Guildford for quite some time, which is not close to the briny - albeit there was a canal not far away!

After the problems with the class 73s, I'll be very wary of jumping straight in to buy a B4. I think I'll wait until the reviews and reports come in first, and take the risk of missing out if they sell quickly.

Edited by SRman

• RMweb Gold

After the problems with the class 73s, I'll be very wary of jumping straight in to buy a B4. I think I'll wait until the reviews and reports come in first, and take the risk of missing out if they sell quickly.

Difficult to get black wrong ;)

• 1 month later...

What could they possibly get wrong with an 040 to make DCC wiring difficult, a 10 year old could figure out the wiring, or have Dapol managed to get an 040 wrong before.

Small locos are a mite difficult with DCC, the space is better used for ballast, but the small modern decoders for N gauge should suit.

Some designers do make a dog's dinner of the DCC socket and wiring, but I always remove them for DC, and hard wire in decoders when fitted, more reliable.

The price rises is only in line with other increases from China, I suspect that the days of cheap export at all cost have long gone. It is happening in engineering supplies and components, a steady creep up to European prices, the Chinese have to finance a western lifestyle nowadays.

Stephen

• RMweb Gold

Be fair to Dapol here,

There track record on little tank engines has been pretty good, indeed for years they were the only ones doing the really small ones...

We have had J94, Terrier, Pug,Sentinel and Beattie well tanks over the years, none of which have had too much in the way of issues.

Hi 

Just had an email about this loco, here part of the email i got today: Dapol have confirmed that the Recommended Retail price for this item is now £108.06, resulting in an new sales price of £91.85. This has been due to the change in the terms of supply to all retailers by Dapol, and follows similar changes by other companies in the model rail industry, therefore we will unable to provide this item at the original retailing price. :O 

Darren

Edited by darren01