Dapol 00 Gauge LSWR B4

ndg910

You have discovered the delights of Dapol internet site, a place of dead ends and convoluted turns, just like their ordering system from China, and the common factor is Dapol, nice chaps, but little grasp of a webpage or basic price list, which I have a feeling is hidden away in case it reveals what is not available.....It is worrying that they spend so much time on the new super models promised without sorting out the basic supply line to their warehouse from China.

The UK stuff like ex- Kitmaster & Airfix is delivered OK, but the site needs information on the models, they do not sell themselves. The stuff that does sell from China has interminable delays.with lots of drawings and little else, doubt the B4 will be here next year let alone this......

Stephen

At the moment, they seem to be deciding on the structure and have not posted info yet. Of course - if possible - it would be better to hide it until it was actually ready and loaded with some info. Again that is an ideal if possible...

To be honest, I've grown to expect only the occasional update from Dapol, so even once a year does not surprise me!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

At last some progress? If it ever arrives I may be tempted to get one as I found a picture of one in late 'Southern' livery shunting at the Bilston Steelworks, only a couple of miles from my semi-ficticious Black Country project. 

Only a couple of miles from a semi fictitious place! Is that possible?

• RMweb Premium

I'd forgotten about the B4. I might need something like it to accompany a USA tank at Penmouth, if I ever get the S&PR to be anything other than a pipe dream.

I've heard about these 'virtual' layouts .................................................... never seen one at a show, tho' .............................

I have one, the trouble is, the moment I leave my railway room, it ceases to exist.

Edited by Edwardian
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard right now that Dapol have put the price up again, now £110 RRP.

The e-mail advised me "... in line with other companies.... ".

In the same breath, another model shop advised also their sound chips are going up too today.

Still keeping my orders though.

• RMweb Premium

At the Dapol Open Day today Richard showed CAD of four versions of the B4.  

There was also a Dapol Club version announced in LSWR green.  I'm definitely up for one of these for "No Place".

Les

Are the CADs available for us to see, anywhere online? We often see CAD of forthcoming models, but what about this B4?

John

• RMweb Premium

Ah, but is it actually derailed?

It is both railed and derailed. Until the point it hits you while you have your ear to the rail trying to tell whether it's railed or not.

;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...