New Atlas series

PhilJ W

Having ummed and arred for a long time, I've sent off for the initial Komatsu excavator. Let's see how long it takes to come.

Last time I used Atlas was for the initial Eddie Stonart fridge lorry. They sent me that along with a curtainsider and tried charging me £9.99 for both. I paid £2.99 as that was what they info said so I was quite happy at two lorries for £2.99. I'm not paying for their mistakes

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I think I'm going to finish this series now, last model was a very nice mobile generator artic but the latest is a bit too obscure for me...

BD07E7F8-708D-48C3-9845-C00EAA794ECA.jpg

A mobile airport baggage loader

Admittedly I can adapt it to use in my oil terminal area of the layout by changing it to use to carry equipment but I think I've had my fill of them now

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Be aware I just tried to pay an invoice twice, both times it said that the payment had failed but it had taken the money from my bank x 2.

Mark

Their accounts system hasn't been right since the beginning of the year. I checked my account only to find that my direct debit had been cancelled so I had to pay the outstanding payments and even then I couldn't even re-instate my direct debit until a month ago. Check your Atlas account to see if both payments are recorded. I would suggest setting up a direct debit then you will have no problem with payments as long as you keep an eye on it. Also they tend to deduct direct debits 4-6 weeks late but don't worry about that as long as it says 'direct debit' on your account.

I had a direct debit set up with them and they took two payments from me in one month so cancled it and now pay monthly, if I had everything out of the collection I wanted I would just bin it. They don't appear to have any sort of organisation and the customer support is a bit lacking.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Just a few words on this subject....I Googled reviews for Atlas editions...after signing up for an introductory offer which after allowing well over the quoted 28 day delivery still hadn't shown up....managed to contact them and they said it was sent out early January...possibly the 10th I think. ...bear in mind....we were at the end of the first week in February.

They asked if I'd checked with neighbours etc but nothing had been seen. On this the woman on the phone asked me if I still wanted to receive the items (the dinky toy model collection)...I said yes please and she said it would take 28 days but by early March still nothing....but an invoice and order slip showed up. ...billing me for the first lot of items which I hadn't ever received...plus the new order never turned up either...but, guess what?...the invoice reminder for the first lot did.

After this I lost the will to be bothered with these cretins...I bought off ebay instead, must admit that the models are very good reproductions....the customer service is far from anything remotely decent...I really wouldn't bother with ateas editions...ebay is much simpler without all the gumph and commitment stuff that these organisations seem to revolve around.

Incidentally, the reviews were 'dire'...with many complaints about poor service, harassment, and debt recovery companies threatening enforcement action on individuals who in most cases hadn't even received stuff or the wrong items etc, etc....enough said I think.

Cheers Rich.b

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

The official Stobart Shop now have the majority of the models from the Atlas World of Stobart series on sale for £12 each

Here http://www.stobartclubandshop.co.uk/collections/world-of-stobart

They only have 15 of the 30 or so w-o-s models listed though.

EDIT They have a couple of the w-o-s models not included above on their general list. Click on menu then click on models.

Edited by PhilJ W

Ian Allan at Waterloo have had a couple of Blackpool trams in which appear to be Atlas/Corgi models. One iss the Balloon d/d with Bruce Forsyth ads on a green /cream livery, which I already had. However the other one was new to me (I think I have the full set of Blackpool trams). A s/d Brush railcoach, in a dark blue advertising livery for Viva. Both on sale at £9.99, in boxes with no id except a "Trams of the World" label. I have also seen advertised elsewhere (was it Hattons?) 2 trams from the Atlas series. One is the Balloon mentioned above, the other a Brush s/d in a previously available livery (can't remember which). Also a couple of foreign trams from the Atlas range. Seems they may be "dumping" them (is that the right word?) on the open market. The blue Brush is odd to me though.

Stewart

Edit to add: Having purchased the blue Brush car, I've now had chance to unwrap it. The base of the box is indeed marked Atlas, and the dark blue livery is for the Pleasure Beach, with large Viva lettering on the side.

Edited by stewartingram

We have been collecting 3 series and have not received any for a few months, a quick check revealed that all were complete despite 2 of them having models outstanding.

Looks like I will be making a phone call on Monday to find out what is going on.

• RMweb Premium

I was speaking to a trader at today's Romford exhibition and he said that Atlas dispose of any extra models through wholesalers once a series is finished but anything with the Stobart name goes to Stobarts shop. (Probably part of the permit to use the Stobart name.)  Incidently the double deck coach has sold out, not to anyones surprise I guess.

Edited by PhilJ W

• RMweb Premium

Bet the bloke who paid £83 for mine is gutted now!

I'm going to a swapmeet tomorrow and another on the 9th December. The going rate seems to be about £65, I'll look out for any changes. The Atlas order system is a mess and they seem too be sending out extra models marked as paid for. I received an extra free airport crash tender that way, one lucky devil got an extra double deck coach for free.

So is this collection complete now? and how many models are in the collection if it is complete? I joined later than some on here so still have a few to get that I know of but they told me last month they didn't know how many the total should be.

Does that make sense or have I been doing too much at work again?

Mark

• RMweb Premium

There were 30 models in the set. Many people didn't get the full set, I had one missing but I was able to find one at a reasonable price. It should be listed on your account what has been sent to you, failing that there is a number on the boxes and the certificates for each model.

I have been in touch with atlas via e-mail with a list of the models I have missing and they have started to send them out to me. Class 66 is its way

I have to contact them as well, I am missing the 66 and Candice, my boy is missing one from His Eddie collection, rather poor show that they miss some models out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Quick question on the road sweeper model from this series. I was wondering whether anyone knew who actually manufactured the model?

Many thanks

Birch1

Believe it or not, Tekno. They also produced some of the other models such as the de-icer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

If anyone is interested, some of these items are now appearing in a large Widnes based model shop, certainly has the 66's at £12 each. Would be rude not to. Normal comment of no ties, just a customer.

They are also available from Stobarts at the same price http://www.stobartclubandshop.co.uk/collections/world-of-stobart

The Volvo excavator and the bulldozer are very good models.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 1