Freightliner MJA twins & HIA hopper

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

After thinking that this wagon had sunk without trace, I've had an email from a well known purveyor of such goods to the effect that it will be delivered sometime between Sept-Dec 2015.....

http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/M-Tops-codes/MJA-Freightliner-Bogie-boxes/i-VgTL3V2/A

Some have recently been repainted into GBRf blue.

EDIT - also noted that the Freightliner HIA hoppers are also slated as due Sep-Dec 2015

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

After thinking that this wagon had sunk without trace, I've had an email from a well known purveyor of such goods to the effect that it will be delivered sometime between Sept-Dec 2015.....

http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/M-Tops-codes/MJA-Freightliner-Bogie-boxes/i-VgTL3V2/A

I think the whole fleet (possibly bar the two odd-bods) have moved on, and they do indeed look smart in blue!

This must be a candidate for most delayed model project surely? ;)

• RMweb Premium

I got the same email as well this morning, I had actually given up on them and have started looking at converting a rake of IOA's but I can shelve that project now, just order in some more GBRf blue paint.

The MJA and HIA's will fit in very well with our new club layout...........

Thread title and first post amended to include HIA hoppers.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Mildly ironic they announced a product when the prototype was new and current, and by the time they actually release it they're no longer current!

Assume we're talking OO here? I imagine the n gauge ones will arrive soon after the real ones are scrapped!

Edited by njee20

• RMweb Premium

Mildly ironic they announced a product when the prototype was new and current, and by the time they actually release it they're no longer current!

Assume we're talking OO here? I imagine the n gauge ones will arrive soon after the real ones are scrapped!

They are still current - just that the FL branding has gone, so a few minutes with thinners and weathering.

The HIA hoppers are still about in bothe green and white FL varieties.

Yes - 00 models were mentioned in my emails.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

You know what I mean - they're releasing the FL variant, which is no longer current. Aware the wagon is still in service! It's not a particular issue per se, just amuses me as I say, I was aware of the model about the time I was aware of the prototype, aaaaaand we're still waiting!

You know what I mean - they're releasing the FL variant, which is no longer current. Aware the wagon is still in service! It's not a particular issue per se, just amuses me as I say, I was aware of the model about the time I was aware of the prototype, aaaaaand we're still waiting!

original set of drawings vanished but have now , new livery a bonusbeen replaced enabling cad cam progress

• RMweb Premium

It would be interesting to see how many different traffics and from where to where these have had since they were built?

Mark Saunders

An example of non-stone traffic, Scrap rails from Crewe to Aldwarke.

Cheers,

Mick

original set of drawings vanished but have now , new livery a bonusbeen replaced enabling cad cam progress

sorry working with thumbs Drawings now replaced enabling cad cam progress. New livery a bonus

Yep no much good when the original material and drawings vanished. Good to hear they have made progress with new CAD/CAM

Hooray, at last. I use these wagons regularly on our flow from Rylstone to Small Heath on a Thursday night with the empties going back to Tunstead on a Friday morning. The HIA hoppers will come in useful too for Peak Dale Wood.  

Will definitely be looking forward to these.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

What's the difference body wise between the HIA hopper wagon and the IIA wagon as leased to MRL? Just thinking that Dapol are doing the LTF bogies under the twin wagons already. Might be a quick win for another wagon.

Also, with the different coloured plastic on the buffers, does this mean it will come with sprung buffers? Sprung continental style buffer would be a first.

There is quite a few difference between the two.

post-6899-0-05547200-1314724593_thumb.jp

Shame as these would be great for their class 59 when it arrives or in its earlier Cemex livery around Peak Forest.

Edited by slg

• 1 month later...