Freightliner MJA twins & HIA hopper

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

The original announcement was for two green and two white. According to Hatton's, there are now three green and one white.

Seen as there are more green than white, then that's probably a sensible idea.

Cheers,

Mick

Two additional green ones have just been added at a slightly higher price, however one has a duplicate running number.

4f-026-001 - 369002 at £18

4f-026-005 - 396002 at £21.50

Could be a simple mistake or just Dapol not checking what they'd already planned to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Just received latest Model Rail magazine and all 6 are listed for arrival this month.

4f-026-001 is now down as 369008

Plus they are being used on the new Arcow Quarry trains using GBRf traction

Edited by slg

• RMweb Gold

Indeed, Dapol are stating February delivery for all 6 variants of the HIA hopper in their latest 'soon to be released' list :) subject to change however, sometimes things get pushed back that are on those lists

The six numbers are:

Edited by Derails Models

Shall definitely be acquiring a rake of these for PDW. I really thought the price would rise when they were actually released but I obviously thought wrong. £18.00 for a bogie hopper wagon is an absolute steal in this day and age.

Especially when the next batch of Bachmann JGAs are looking like £35.00 a pop. Nearly twice the price!

Mind you will be needing a set of those in RMC livery as well. Looks like an expensive year.

• Like 1

It's a bit confusing at the moment as to which of the models are white liveried. The Dapol advert in the March Model Rail describes all 6 versions as in green, however from studying photos in the 'ukrailwaypics' site of HIAs in numerical order, the Dapol releases of 369027 and 369044 should be white liveried as the originals were in white. The model of 369027 is showing as in white livery on the Dapol Facebook entry. Can anyone confirm.

Edited by rembrow

So far as I can tell there are two numbers in white and four in green (based on what is said on Dapol's Facebook entry and in the Hornby link above) - so those two numbers being white would both be correct, and would match the info on the ratio being put out.

Looks like they've done a nice job on them, and the price looks pretty reasonable as well in the present climate!

• RMweb Premium

So far as I can tell there are two numbers in white and four in green (based on what is said on Dapol's Facebook entry and in the Hornby link above) - so those two numbers being white would both be correct, and would match the info on the ratio being put out.

Looks like they've done a nice job on them, and the price looks pretty reasonable as well in the present climate!

The buffer shanks look a bit long, almost as if they haven't been pushed on far enough, but that should be a small thing to fix.

The model photos show the wagons with 4 strengthener rib pieces along the upper channel The first batch of green and all the white wagons have 4 ribs. The second batch of green (369049 onwards) only have the outer two ribs - a nice little modelling job to remove them to depict the later build....... (Unless Dapol have done this variant)

This is 369044 - one of those listed by Dapol

post-408-0-13246400-1455125699_thumb.jpg

And you can stick a GBRf 66 on the front of them.

As for price - 3  4 and 1/2 HIA's or one Drax hopper? No-brainer really!

(maths duly edited: ta to Rem)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

As for price - 3 and 1/2 HIA's or one Drax hopper? No-brainer really!

Cheers,

Mick

You can get 41/2 as the same Liverpool supplier is still pricing the first 4 HIAs at £18 and the extra 2 at £21.50. As I said in an earlier post, a bargain based on the samples being shown and we know that Dapol can produce a high quality modern outline wagon (apart from the MOA,MBA disaster).

• RMweb Premium

You can get 41/2 as the same Liverpool supplier is still pricing the first 4 HIAs at £18 and the extra 2 at £21.50. As I said in an earlier post, a bargain based on the samples being shown and we know that Dapol can produce a high quality modern outline wagon (apart from the MOA,MBA disaster).

Brain-fade.

4 and 1/2 is correct - despite an A level in Maths.............

Cheers,

Mick

Is the £18 guaranteed ??

I did ask why the difference between the two different prices but they didn't know as they were set by Dapol.

I was told they could all even out... 

As far as I can see the £18 is guaranteed, if you pre order while at that price, as it doesn't have the caveat that the price is an estimate, as they are having to do with some Bachmann items. I recently had this price guarantee work on a Dapol product where I had pre ordered a Class 73 at £106, however just before the product arrived Dapol increased the price and it went up to £119.51 at Hattons, but my pre order was supplied at the original £106. With Hattons I've found its only Bachmann items that they can't maintain the pre order price promise as Bachmann either don't price the item until near to release or insist that the retailer can only discount a new release by no more than 15%

Edited by rembrow

Placed on the Dapol web site yesterday, confirmation of the Limestone Hoppers:-

4F-026-001          HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369008

4F-026-002          HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369052

4F-026-003          HIA Freightliner White Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369027

4F-026-004          HIA Freightliner White Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369044

4F-026-005          HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369002

4F-026-006          HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369020

The original idea was two white and two green. I don’t know where Hatton’s got the idea that three were to be green. I hope they don’t change their minds about the price!

Hattons haven't got it right yet, they are still showing the first 4 releases in 'n' and 'oo' as being 3 green and 1 white liveried. The problem is they seem to have confused themselves with the running numbers and liveries. Release 003 is now showing as white liveried but the wrong running number (number is for a green livery wagon) and 004 is showing as green liveried with a white liveried running number. Never mind as long as everyone follows the amended Dapol release info you should get the livery you want (crosses fingers and toes) 

To help clear any confusion with running numbers and colours, My local modelshop has them listed on his website:

https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=Dapol%20hia

They look absolutely superb and I have placed an order for a healthy rake. Really looking forward to receiving these beauties.

Edited by Shoey

To help clear any confusion with running numbers and colours, My local modelshop has them listed on his website:

https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=Dapol%20hia

They look absolutely superb and I have placed an order for a healthy rake. Really looking forward to receiving these beauties.

Looking at my post 43 from the Dapol website and the Colletts Model Shop listing there is something not quite right...

4F-026-001 - HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369008 on Dapol is actually 369002 on Colletts !!

But have to agree they look really good, well done Dapol..

And on a positive Dapol normally release lots of different running numbers to build a decent rake unlike Bachmann where you are lucky to get an A,B & C...

Edited by martin_l_jones
  • Like 1