DJ Models - J94 Update

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Add to that the RMWeb yellow version (of which there are only a few of the 200 left)

Don't do it, must resist. Futile........

B*gger, one less yellow one.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

I'm guessing that the N gauge model is no longer being developed directly in parallel - what is the timescale for that? (presuming you are still going ahead with N gauge?)

Hi,

All the other models, starting with the 17, 23 and possibly then the J94 ( but the order may change) will be after the OO J94, and as such the N gauge version will benefit from the work and detail that has gone into the OO version.

However, a time or date is something I won't and cannot give.

But your question as to whether I'm giving up on N gauge, it's a huge presumption, as I'm an avid N gauge modeller with a pedigree of developing N gauge for the last 8 years and also before that time.

I see N gauge within my range and expanding. GWR mogul, Hudswell Clarke, Q6 amongst others.

I'd hope I havnt given the impression that I'm giving up on it as I love the scale.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

In my defence, which I should've made clear.

The question was about the detail difference/variations of the engine being produced. I only produced a list of those which I could find, had the detailed pictures showing clearly the variations.

I'm sorry Dave, I've been holding my breath all day. what is the news????

Really?

It was announced today that I'm going to race the J94 consignment across the world in a beefed up Tuk Tuk!

Oh and something about the 71 as well.

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

But your question as to whether I'm giving up on N gauge, it's a huge presumption, as I'm an avid N gauge modeller with a pedigree of developing N gauge for the last 8 years and also before that time.

I see N gauge within my range and expanding. GWR mogul, Hudswell Clarke, Q6 am

I'd hope I havnt given the impression that I'm giving up on it as I love the scale.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, I knew you were an N gauge modeller yourself, but it did seem that you'd been very (suspiciously?) quiet on the N gauge versions, and all announcements had been 'Orribly Oversized! Good to hear the N gauge version will follow in due course

Thinking of the wooden cab floor pic- and that you are doing a Backworth loco, here's number 48 in 1974.

post-13358-0-51802400-1434190891_thumb.jpg

and number 9 on the same day.

post-13358-0-99234000-1434191039_thumb.jpg

When not in use the shutters were carried on the cab roof.

Les

Edited by Les1952
  • Like 1

There is one or two out there who do seem to be in on some sort of vapour-war, let alone vapour ware 

They act like spoiled obnoxious kids and then accuse others of being the same thing :D

One often sees in others the characteristics one dislikes most in oneself 

I'd not name names cos they mite gang up and beat me up - or summat   :D hahaha 

Be interesting to go over to the very silent world of  weblog7  or whatever name it is generally ignored by, and see how Mr Angry's latest P4 EM cos P4 dont work trainset is getting along

I only found the above mentioned rantathon cos I googled "Vapourwear DJM"  - talk about hell hath no fury.... :D

I'm actually quite saddened by this constant "you're either with us or against us" mentality that is seeping into society and in this case into toy trains. We all need to work together for the good of society (and model railways). I did the google search, found the blog and was quite upset by the vitriol.

• RMweb Gold

I'm actually quite saddened by this constant "you're either with us or against us" mentality that is seeping into society and in this case into toy trains. We all need to work together for the good of society (and model railways). I did the google search, found the blog and was quite upset by the vitriol.

Apart from which they clearly don't understand what vaping really is ....  (with due apologies to Dave - but if  people are going to talk about 'vaping' they ought to see what it's really all about  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

I think Mike the application in this case (something I do not subscribe to in Dave's case) is this definition from Wikipedia

"In the computer industry, vaporware is a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled."

• RMweb Gold

I think Mike the application in this case (something I do not subscribe to in Dave's case) is this definition from Wikipedia

"In the computer industry, vaporware is a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled."

Ah, I am now informed.  But then, as you imply, Dave isn't making 'puters or software so it's all a bit hypothetical anyway.    I suppose childish mud-slinging keeps some folk happy and if that's the way they function(??) that's up to them but of course the 'net lets their behaviour get a wider audience although fortunately we don't have to look at it if we don't want to.

I prefer to judge by results and facts and in that respect Dave has started to deliver tangible results and, I trust, will continue to do so.  And from what I've seen so far he's not doing a bad job.

I'm actually quite saddened by this constant "you're either with us or against us" mentality that is seeping into society and in this case into toy trains. We all need to work together for the good of society ...

The really important thing is to stand on the ground of good sense and reasoned debate when there is something worth debating. Because the factional 'all or nothing' style is a constant of human behaviour. I could show you an example from over 2000 years ago, over which of the lunar or solar based calender systems were superior. From the available records the really nasty stuff is coming from the solar advocates: but then they were the outsiders, trying to topple the establishment 'lunatics'...

For sure it isn't worth getting heated over model railways, but I promise you, all such behaviour that I have seen is a mere nothing compared to the behaviour over high fidelity sound reproduction in the early 1980s. And that was without an internet to fan the flames.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Or put another way,"the life of man is solitary,poor,nasty,brutish and short".....Thomas Hobbes "Leviathan ".Maybe model railways on line are the armchair outlet for male testosterone.Aplogies to the lady members of RMWeb.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
  • Like 2

Fantastic model, really worth the wait. I cannot wait to get my hands on the new models. For those talking about time taken and delays. Bachmann announced a Stanier Mogul about 2 years back. My latest collectors club magazine highlights it is still in the design office!!

Firstly, just to say that as an N Gauge modeller waiting patiently in the queue for my Claytons the appearance of this second EP can only but encourage the belief that the models will be worth the wait, this loco looks truly amazing. I am tempted to buy a J94 just to put in my cabinet and gloat at although many would think that a criminal waste I am sure!

On a slightly pedantic note with regard to post #24 above, having "power" by which I assume it is meant gear-coupling, to all wheels on a model locomotive is a design choice with advantages and disadvantages. In this case I am sure done for good reason (possibly finer rods as they then bear no load) but for sure it is not prototypical.The real J94 transfers power to all wheels through the rods from a single driven axle as many fine models do. In terms of haulage or slow running I am not sure why it would necessarily makes any difference.

Roy

Edited by Roy L S

Thanks to everyone for the lists of J94 versions. Its going to be hard to choose which one to have...or will it be two or three.

Or even more.

Any one come up with a collective noun for the beasties?

A colliery possibly?

Cunning old beggar is that Dave Jones.

At a stroke he has made the after market super detail parts suppliers redundant.

They will be crying in their cocoa if the rest of the range are to the same level of detail and complexity.

Unless there is a variant he has overlooked.

Bernard

• RMweb Premium

Collecting variants and alternate liveries for a glass case collection could become a great hobby!

But then as a manufacturer of said items, I would say that, wouldn't I? Lol ;-)

I can see a sudden surge in colliery based layouts.............. However, I wonder if I can use mine as yard shunter at Deadman's Lane?

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Last year the East Lancs Railway had the 50 years of the Teddy Bear event - the class 14 diesel, with all 10 remaining locos at the railway. Even a train hauled by 9 of them (the other one had failed).

To launch the DJM J94, perhaps we should have a similar event somewhere? I wonder if there are 94 J94s still in existance?

Last year the East Lancs Railway had the 50 years of the Teddy Bear event - the class 14 diesel, with all 10 remaining locos at the railway. Even a train hauled by 9 of them (the other one had failed).

To launch the DJM J94, perhaps we should have a similar event somewhere? I wonder if there are 94 J94s still in existance?

I'm up for it if your paying mate? ;-)