More advice by the same new DCC user - Lenz LH100

More advice by the same new DCC user - Lenz LH100

Postby Custer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:26 pm

As I said in my previous query I have had the Lenz system set up since Sunday. In that time I have configured 2 locos yet there are at least 8 others which I have definately not configured. Is this usual with lenz equipment? Some of the units configured are multi-unit consists.

I have used the section for deleting addresses (14.2.5 on page 55/56 of the handbook) with no success. That is I have set CL-ON to enable me to delete the unwanted addresses selected the address pressed the key CL which makes the unwanted address "flash" as stated in the handbook and then pressing enter which should erase the address, but it doesn't. Is there something simple or obvious that I am overlooking?
:wall
Custer
Custer
New Poster
New Poster

Re: More advice by the same new DCC user - Lenz LH100

Postby PaulCheffus » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:19 am

Custer wrote:As I said in my previous query I have had the Lenz system set up since Sunday. In that time I have configured 2 locos yet there are at least 8 others which I have definately not configured. Is this usual with lenz equipment? Some of the units configured are multi-unit consists.

I have used the section for deleting addresses (14.2.5 on page 55/56 of the handbook) with no success. That is I have set CL-ON to enable me to delete the unwanted addresses selected the address pressed the key CL which makes the unwanted address "flash" as stated in the handbook and then pressing enter which should erase the address, but it doesn't. Is there something simple or obvious that I am overlooking?
:wall

Hi

There are two command stacks. One in the LVZ100 command station which can store 256 addresses and one in the LH100 which can store either 2 addresses prior to V3.6 firmware or up to 12 with V3.6 firmware.

If you have the address selected in one of the LH100 slots then the only way to remove it from here is to over type with a new number. If you are wanting to remove it from the LVZ100 stack then you are following the correct procedure.

Cheers

Paul
PaulCheffus

Re: More advice by the same new DCC user - Lenz LH100

Postby Custer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Thanks Paul, that makes alittle more sense to me now
Tom Gibson
Custer
Custer
New Poster
New Poster

Return to DCC Forum