So I finished work a few weeks ago and thank god for that! Despite having another 8 hours a day free, I seem to have less time for modelling with other stuff taking prioirty. E.G preparing for University and the likes. However I did manage to get this little darling sorted. The whole process was just over a week (it would have been less had stuff like friends and life not been a pain in the hoop and wanted my precious time). But I am quite pleased with the outcome.
She is 43050, the first Mucky Duck built in Darlington I believe and was based at Haverton Hill for a few months which is not too far from me.
I didn't want her to be completely filthy like my other one but, being an Ivatt 4MT, not exactly clean, or that presentable.
Modifying methods were the same as 43073 explained in a previous blog and weather is as my usual standards. One addition to this, however, is the use of WHSmith artist pencils I found in the loft. Specifically browns, oranges and whites used to add the rust texture to the smokebox and areas around the tender top and tender bulkhead. They were scribbled or dashed on, then dabbed at with a damp cotton bud. The outcome was quite pleasing.
I'm now finding it harder to find different poses for the crew but I won't let creativity stop me
She is pulling (as I have generally assigned her to these duty, being from Haverton Hill shed) the rake of Sulphate wagons I detailed in another earlier blog.
I'm having some trouble with these on our exhibition layout as I am led to believe that the track is laid not entirely straight and points are handmade and had what I'd consider bigger gaps in the common crossings and point blades which are not entirely flush with the rails. But most of the ready to run stuff seems to work so I guess I'm out voted . I have noticed as well the Parkside bogies can sometimes be a bit crude and may have become slightly un-square when the wheels have been added but they seem to run pretty well on the fiddle yard where peco track is installed. Oh the trails and tribulations.