The Bachmann Wickham Trolley is a brilliant model and certainly offers up a quick detailing project.
In this instance I've added light lenses courtesy of Paragon Kits having drilled the light houses out. I think some very clever folk have added working lamps.
The weak point with this model is the trailer which is motorised. The faux ballast load does not look right in my eyes. Once more modellers have resorted to all manner of fixes to bring the trailer to life.
In my instance I used a piece of Tunnocks Caramel Wafer wrapper to make a tarpaulin. Shaped to the trailer and load I sprayed it with Halfords grey primer them airbrush finished it with Tamiya acrylics.
Cotton sheet ropes were added and the tarpaulin was glued to the load with contact adhesive. The sheet ropes were glued to the underside of the trailer.
I do think this brings some life to the previously sterile looking trailer.
The trolley roof was brush painted and airbrushed with Vallejo and Tamiya acrylics. Then the trolley was weathered with Vallejo paints dry brushed on to the surface.
Thankfully the good folk at Modelu have produced a delightful 3D printed Wickham Trolley crew and the tools of their trade. The scanning is wonderful with lots of lovely detail.
Once more painted with Halfords white primer and Vallejo acrylics.
These tweaks have certainly brought this superb little model by Bachmann alive.
A nice project for a couple of dark winter's evenings.
Edited by 46444