Things are still happening albiet slowly on the flying banana. Since the llast post I have added a bit of detail to the roof in the shape of the roof vents and what I think is a bit of conduit which I have noticed on a few pictures. Although hard to see in the below photo I have also added the handrails and the bracket for the lamp on each end.
I have also made a start on the chassis. I have used a Tomix chassis as recommended by Bernard earlier in the posts about the railcar, but after checking I found that when it was lined up with the body, the motor fitted well into the body and was very visible plus the the chassis was exactly the same width as the body, which didnt allow for any strengthening so I was kind of persuaded into rebuilding the chassis using the bits from the Tomix one.
The photo shows how far I have got with the new chassis, the motor needs to be fitted along with the driveshafts. The original chassis is above (well whats left of it!).
No doubt there will be more to come...