Gauge O Guild Spring Show - Kettering 6th March 2010

Pint of Adnams

• 2 months later...

Kettering Show Guide - who's going?

You can buy advance tickets by post or on-line, avoiding the queues at the door and get in 15 mins earliercool.gif

I've got my e-ticket - just need to remember to print the thing out, and take my shiny new plastic membership card.

I'm hoping to pick up a couple of PV Mark 2's off JLTRT if they are ready or PRMRP if not, and some track bits and bobs from Exactoscale, C&L and Perfect Miniatures. [Must remember to leave buying rail towards the end of the show, so I don't poke mine or other peoples eyes out!]

All the best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all....

Should definitely be there now, and helping Perfect Miniatures to set up at silly o'clock too. Only have a small shopping list of some phosphor bronze strip, nothing too exciting, unless I get paid, and can afford a new ABC motor and gearbox for the J39... Come and say hello on the day, should have the K2 with mee too if anyone would like to see it...

JB.

Hi Ballymoss.... Hope you had a good show... I saw you towards the end... well your 'Not to be moved' t-shirt at least, but you were just out of earshot whilst I was manning the Perfect Miniatures stand unfortunately.

I came away with 10 lengths of phosphor bronze strip to try some working leaf springs, ordered some Laurie Griffin castings to get the tender brakes working on the K2, which will hopefully be in the post tomorrow, and then finally some Micro-Sol and Micro-Set solution for the Fox transfers that I received last week..

I was hoping to sell enough '0'fs wagons to buy a Gladiator L1 kit, but I shall have to leave it for another time.. :huh:

Of all the visitors, I got to have a chat with Dikitriki, Rambler, and PoA. I saw Dibateg, but he was in full flow chat mode, so didn't want to disturb him!!

Looking forward to London Festival of Railway Modeling and Telford now! :D

JB.

• RMweb Gold

For possibly the first time ever I managed to arrange to go to a show with a pocketful of cash.

I came away with a Connoisseur 16 ton Toad and a Scorpio GWR 850 pannier tank kit.

I managed to get a commonwealth bogie, from JLTRT - looks like the springs work (from the instructions), and a MAC-L from Connoisseur for my RFID experiments - then found I can't get Scale-7 lowmac wheels  :(. Oh well they can be my first attempt at turning them to the correct profile. 

I also picked a few tools up from Squires.

I thought it wasn't as busy as the last couple of years (I arrived at 10-45) - but the last row (where Perfect Miniatures where), was a right scrum!

I thought it wasn't as busy as the last couple of years (I arrived at 10-45) - but the last row (where Perfect Miniatures where), was a right scrum!

That's because we (Perfect Miniatures) were there, everyone wants to talk to us :lol: :lol:

JB.

I managed to get a commonwealth bogie, from JLTRT - looks like the springs work (from the instructions), and a MAC-L from Connoisseur for my RFID experiments - then found I can't get Scale-7 lowmac wheels sad.gif. Oh well they can be my first attempt at turning them to the correct profile.

I also picked a few tools up from Squires.

One of the reasons it wasn't so busy early on was that for the majority of the folks travelling from East Anglia, the A14 westbound at Huntingdon had been shut that morning for resurfacing work and the posted diversion took all the traffic southwards for some distance to Eaton Socon, just north of which was an incident blocking the A1 northbound.angry.gif

Since '28ten' hasn't found this yet, and he probably won't since he didn't go to Kettering, the following link might be useful: http://www.westernth...g-wagon-wheels/

David White says he will eventually get around to producing the Lowmac wheels, and the others missing in S7, but there's other new stuff much higher up the profitability list. However they should be available from Alan Gibson Workshop, or Perfect Miniatures. The reason I wanted the Slater's ones reprofiled is that they have the correct number of spokes for Dan Pinnock's ex-GE Lowmac Mac K.

Since '28ten' hasn't found this yet, and he probably won't since he didn't go to Kettering, the following link might be useful: http://www.westernth...g-wagon-wheels/

David White says he will eventually get around to producing the Lowmac wheels, and the others missing in S7, but there's other new stuff much higher up the profitability list. However they should be available from Alan Gibson Workshop, or Perfect Miniatures. The reason I wanted the Slater's ones reprofiled is that they have the correct number of spokes for Dan Pinnock's ex-GE Lowmac Mac K.

Thanks for the link*! I asked Peter at Perfect Miniatures, but they didn't have any. I'll try emailing AG direct. * Just a shame it's not on here as well!

Archived