NESCOT (Epsom and Ewell MRC) 16/17 April

Dave Searle

• RMweb Premium

It's now just a month until the

Epsom and Ewell Model Railway Club's 2011 Exhibition

Saturday 16th April and Sunday 17th April

at the

North East Surrey College of Technology (NESCOT), Reigate Road, Ewell, Surrey KT17 3DS

Full details on our Website

Opening Times:

Saturday 10 am - 5:30 pm

Sunday 10 am - 5 pm

Admission:

Adults £5.00

Children (under 16) Free

Refreshments available

FREE on-site parking for 600 cars

Level access for the disabled

Layouts Attending

Abbotstone (7mm/ft, O gauge, MR)

Axe Edge and Thatch Marsh Colliery (4mm/ft, EM gauge, BR, Buxton, Derbyshire)

Bridgford (2mm/ft, N gauge, LMS, 1930s)

Camp 93 — Parson's Lumber Company (7mm/ft, 0n30, US Logging)

Coldfair Green (4mm/ft, P4, ex-GER, 1960s)

Coombe Wharf (4mm/ft, P4, LBSCR c.1905)

Corris (4mm/ft, OO9, Corris, 1880)

Grange Over Sands (2mm/ft, N gauge, Cumbria 1960s and 2000s)

High Peak (4mm/ft, OO gauge, Derbyshire)

Hinksey Yard (2mm/ft, N gauge, EWS, 2010) (under construction)

Hornby Junction (4mm/ft, OO gauge, Children's activity layout, sponsored by Hornby Ltd.)

Kayreuth (2mm/ft, N gauge, Germany, 1990s)

Pempoul (1:50 scale, France, Reseau Breton)

St George's Quay (7mm/ft, O gauge, North East, 1930s)

Whitburn Corporation Trams (4mm/ft, OO gauge, Urban, 1940s)

Whiteoak Light Railway (7mm/ft, O-16.5, Industrial)

Yeoford Junction (4mm/ft, EM gauge, LSWR)

Traders Attending

Ace Products

Addlestone Model Centre

All Components & On Track

Bluebell Railway

Branchlines

Dart Castings

d.c. Kits

Digitrains

Eileen's Emporium

Freestone Model Accessories

Kevin Robertson Books

N Brass Locos

N Gauge Lines & GEM

Peter Dunk

Railwayania/Replica Railways

Roger Carpenter Photos

Roxey Mouldings

South Eastern Finecast

Club second-hand stand.

• RMweb Premium

A couple of the layouts appearing at the show have been featured in recent magazines:

Axe Edge and Thatch Marsh Colliery (4mm/ft, EM gauge, BR, Buxton, Derbyshire)

appeared in the March Railway Modeller.

Kayreuth (2mm/ft, N gauge, Germany, 1990s)

is in the April Continental Modeller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

We're now just over a week away. There is a very good range of excellent layouts to cater for all most tastes. And some pretty good traders as well :lol:

I will be on the Club's new N gauge layout Hinksey Yard for most of the weekend. It is having it's first public outing as a layout under construction - I will either be very pleased that something is running :rolleyes: or very embarrassed if it isn't. :blink:

Either way, I'll be wearing a name badge (and a beard that's going white if that helps you to identify me) and would be pleased to see any RMWeb members. Please come and see how we're getting on with our first foray as a club into modern N gauge.

Cheers,

Dave

I would be pleased to see any RMWeb members. Please come and see how we're getting on with our first foray as a club into modern N gauge.

Cheers,

Dave

I'm operating on Yeoford Junction, which by the way, was featured in the February issue of Railway Modeller.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

I'm operating on Yeoford Junction, which by the way, was featured in the February issue of Railway Modeller.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for that info, I hadn't seen that issue - do you have any photos as a taster?

While we're mentioning layouts that have appeared in the magazines, Pempoul was in MRJ No.185 (amongst other issues):

post-203-0-22184100-1302621641_thumb.jpg

post-203-0-49403400-1302621651_thumb.jpg

Gordon & Maggie will also have an adjacent demonstration table so you can find out how they did it.

Does anyone know of other magazine appearances amongst our exhibits?

Only 4 days to go.

Cheers,

Dave

Bill

I''ll be there operating White Oak, along with greengiant (whose layout it is) - which has had an article written for the Railway Modeller :)

• RMweb Premium

Friday night setup is now complete, just a few traders and a couple of layouts to arrive tomorrow.

Had a quick chance to look around and speak to one or two exhibitors and traders, should get a chance to speak to most of the rest tomorrow as well as any RMWebbers.

Some excellent layouts I've not seen before, so it should be a great show.

Cheers,

Dave

Just back.

Another very good show, and well up to its usual standard.

The sun always shines, or seems to, on this show. Plenty of easy free close parking and always a couple of layouts to feast on.

Managed to make the purchases from N-Brass and Roxley that I had been seeking as well as replenishing my stock of brass washers that constantly seem to get used up from Eileens. Ken had a book on display that just had to end up bagged, along with a few other items made it an expensive outing.

The compensation was in being able to stand and watch Corris Station (badly positioned but brilliant), Pempoul and Whiteoak

Always like Camp 93 - but the aisle down there was so narrow and there was just too much pushing and shoving.

The foyer area is just too dark for layouts with no or poor lighting (Pempoul worked really well and could be seen clearly - everything else there seemed poorly lit or dull and so unable to show to advantage. Perhaps the area would be better used for trade?

and I have decided there is one thing worse than nosy DCC sound ruining adjacent layouts' atmosphere - that's noisy DCC sound that keeps cutting out :(

Still a good show and I will no doubt return again next year.

A very good show, with an excellent selection of very high standard layouts. I found the range of traders to be pretty comprehensive too, they certainly had everything I was after.

Here's a video:

epsom%20thumb%20triangle.jpg

And photos:

Coldfair Green - one of the few layouts which really captures the appearance of a bright sunny day.

AA%20002.JPG

AA%20004.JPG

AA%20018.JPG

Corris - possibly the best running OO9 layout I've seen.

AA%20040.JPG

AA%20027.JPG

Whitburn Corporation Tramways - I saw this in Railway Modeller in the late nineties, and was delighted to finally see it live.

AA%20063.JPG

AA%20056.JPG

AA%20062.JPG

AA%20066.JPG

Yeoford Junction, operated by RMwebber Bill Bishop.

AA%20076.JPG

High Peak

AA%20131.JPG

Grange-over-Sands - spectacular "trains in the landscape" effect

AA%20139.JPG

Pempoul - sadly my camera doesn't seem to like its lighting, so these don't really do it justice.

AB%20007.JPG

AA%20092.JPG

Camp 93

AB%20022.JPG

Paul

Enjoyed the show, easy to get to, good parking and well looked after by the organisers.

Will definitely like to take another layout there.

Whiteoak ran well all weekend thanks to my team of operators, our new way of working freed me up to talk to the punters, which was enjoyable, lots of good comments so well pleased.

Martin

Archived