RESIN CLASS 31 FROM ITS'N' GAUGE?

BROADTRAIN1979

Hi i have bought a resin class 31 off ebay with its- n gauge,my deadline for delivery is tomorrow, as i paid straight away on march 15th 2011.They have not sent it out yet as i checked and also, i left them a message 3 days ago and tried to phone this morning twice, to which i left yet another message( both considerately)are they having some sort of problem? as some people have been recieving refunds and dont know why???? :(

• RMweb Gold

Hi i have bought a resin class 31 off ebay with its- n gauge,my deadline for delivery is tomorrow, as i paid straight away on march 15th 2011.They have not sent it out yet as i checked and also, i left them a message 3 days ago and tried to phone this morning twice, to which i left yet another message( both considerately)are they having some sort of problem? as some people have been recieving refunds and dont know why???? :(

Hi,

Last comment I had from Carl was that delays are being caused by him now having to run the pub.

In addition he is doing custom work for some retailers.

He did say that this might cause delays in delivery of items.

But he did say to keep using the Ebay store!

Thanks

What's the deadline for?

The latest i should recieve it as it was promised to the 25th to 29th of march 2011 all the chap has to do is post it as i have paid for it it isnt good salesman ship or customer relations if he cant answer messages at least let me know if i get a refund or an apology as to why i havent recieved it? fair question i would say.

• RMweb Premium

.... all the chap has to do is post it.....

Not strictly true as he has to make the kit as well. Whilst I have no knowledge of this trader, very few small businesses have the time or capital to enable them to keep everything in stock at all times - in many cases, what you want is made to order and although that should only take a day or two, it depends who might be in the queue in front of you.

As indicated above, it looks like he has a full time job as well as custom work for others which probably pays more which could mean that you are a bit further down the list of priorities - plus of course he might be ill or on holiday - you can't just assume that no kit or contact in two weeks means that there is a problem.

Having said that (based on my experience of working for two small traders where the above circumstances apply), if you were promised a delivery by 29th March then I hope it arrives soon for you.

Mike

Not strictly true as he has to make the kit as well. Whilst I have no knowledge of this trader, very few small businesses have the time or capital to enable them to keep everything in stock at all times - in many cases, what you want is made to order and although that should only take a day or two, it depends who might be in the queue in front of you.

As indicated above, it looks like he has a full time job as well as custom work for others which probably pays more which could mean that you are a bit further down the list of priorities - plus of course he might be ill or on holiday - you can't just assume that no kit or contact in two weeks means that there is a problem.

Having said that (based on my experience of working for two small traders where the above circumstances apply), if you were promised a delivery by 29th March then I hope it arrives soon for you.

Mike

Thanks, but he advertised the model as is, with pic, buy now ebay. No mention of having to wait while i make it. Anyhow it has'nt arrived and he has let down others now im told, disapeared off the earth, as no one can contact him and hes refunding people? so something is certainly astray.

• RMweb Gold

yes redeath i have, about 4 times with contact messages but no answer only a message machine just checked ebay still not sent time for a refund if he can be traced, me thinkies?

I only asked as you said you called in the morning when Carl's website asks people to call at certain times (in the evening mostly).

Your choice about the refund - knowing Carl I am sure that this is just the curse of being a one man band and having a full time job. So if there is no urgency and you want the body shell then I would hold fire on the refund and just keep pestering him. If you want the money back your choice.

Archived