Hatton Parkway

ian

• RMweb Gold

For those encountering Hatton Parkway for the first time you can play catchup by reading the original thread on the previous RMweb here and the blog on this version.

For the rest of you regular readers, I have decided to migrate back to the topic format as I feel it is better suited to a discussion than the blog which is very much geared to one person pontificating.

post-2-12603621740158_thumb.jpg

Some days by the lineside you just get lucky. Instead of the usual diet of 158s on the Park and Ride service this 150 turned up this morning.

post-2-12603621711295_thumb.jpg

Freightliner stuck to convention with a 66 on this intermodal. Shame, I was hoping for a Class 70!

post-2-12603621766775_thumb.jpg

The 158s must have been having a day off because the next P&R was a 156.

post-2-12603621690842_thumb.jpg

Even EWS joined in the fun with a 67 on some vans.

Okay, so I had some toys that hadn't made it into a photograph yet.

• RMweb Gold

Howsabout some pictures of the whole? Also, why would a 158 run the park and ride? Especially in the midlands. Who's the owner?

The rational was explained in the blog here.

Basically there is a Central Trains (now London Midland - when I get some LM liveried units) P&R service to Birmingham. This is the only bit that has been sceniced so far.

• RMweb Gold

Hello Ian

I've only just come across this layout, but spent an enjoyable few minutes catching up on your progress. Thanks for posting. Is the entire layout made of foamboard?

And please allow me to second the request for some shots of "the whole thing."

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello Ian

I've only just come across this layout, but spent an enjoyable few minutes catching up on your progress. Thanks for posting. Is the entire layout made of foamboard?

And please allow me to second the request for some shots of "the whole thing."

cheers

Ben A.

Ben,

Yes, it is a carpentry free project. Even the control panel is built into a couple of box files!

I might take a photo of the whole later this evening for people's edification and amusement.

• RMweb Gold

Looking good Ian , i will be watching this with alot of interest.

Is it going to be put on the Exhibition circuit?

Mark

Two bookings so far -

Saturday 20th March 2010: High Ercall Model Railway Exhibition 10.30 am to 4 pm High Ercall Village Hall, Park Lane, High Ercall, Telford

Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th April 2010: Mansfield Model Railway Exhibition St. Peter's Church Hall, Church Side, Mansfield.

• RMweb Gold

Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th April 2010: Mansfield Model Railway Exhibition St. Peter's Church Hall, Church Side, Mansfield.

Quite true, Ian couldn't resist the lure of Sunny Mansfield to join Total N Gauge and the Mickleover MRG's Derwent Valley in "N Gauge Corner" - well they've almost got a room to themselves, especially if traction produces his N gauge version of the "OO Micro" in time.

Glad you can attend again Ian biggrin.gif

• RMweb Gold

Glad you can attend again Ian biggrin.gif

I'll go anyway that's foolish enough to invite me.

Especially a second time :P.

So what was going on in the last photo?

post-2-12608258711378_thumb.jpg

Checking that nothing clouted the new platform edge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

post-2-12616749882462_thumb.jpg

The station building for Hatton has taken shape over the past week thanks to a Scalescenes kit.

post-2-1261674990609_thumb.jpg

In the days when the station was rationalised it became unmanned and the station building was converted into offices.

post-2-12616749924598_thumb.jpg

The platform canopy is starting to look dangerous and will probably have to come down soon - and the building itself needs some maintenance but at least it is still standing.

post-2-12616749862013_thumb.jpg

Of course there are no facilities for passengers on this platform.

A merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all :icon_thumbsup2:

• RMweb Gold

post-2-12619490787093_thumb.jpg

The up platform is starting to look the part now. The platform edging is Peco, the flagstones and tarmac surface, the yellow line and parking bays are all Scalescenes.

Mark - would be happy to oblige :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Having smuggled one of Hatton's boards indoors I have been working on the down platform and bay. It has now been surfaced and the waiting room assembled ready for painting and finishing.

The waiting room is a 'new' addition, constructed for the Park and Ride service. When the station was rationalised the down platform buildings were demolished and replaced with a bus shelter. With the new service the station now needed a ticket office that could be accessed from the car park and better waiting facilities.

The building is a Kestrel Models kit by the way. Somehow I don't think I'll get away with spraying it in the house so rather than a coat of white car primer it might get brush painted with white acrylic for the first stage.

post-2-12634498964342_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Just a question, how tall are your platforms?

The Peco platform edging is 12mm tall, but the foam underlay on the track lifts it by about 2mm reducing the effective height to about 10mm.

Rail head to platform height should be 6mm for N, mine has ended up about 7mm.

Archived