The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The model(s) I was going to build in 2010.

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I promise to build (in 4mm): a jolly old wagon, probably; a good looking LNER O1 (in EM), maybe; the SR Z (in fine-scale OO) that has been lurking in the loft for too long - honest! :unsure:

Now then be honest with yourself, what do you promise to build?

(Whatever it may be may it be simplicity itself and give you many hours of entertainment).

Sincere best wishes to you all for Christmas and 2010,

from Mallard 60022.

• RMweb Gold

Top of the list for 2010 is the "Missing" BR Standard 2-8-2, some parts have been secured already and orders are ready to go off for most of the rest.

I am also building two DP1s, one a Dapol/A1/Bachmann and another a Craftsman/Lima one of which will be for sale at the end.

I also am toying with a quick and dirty 9F, I have an old Mk1 Evening Star in stock and the spare bodyshell from the Crosti conversion. Might do an Annesley numbered one and experiment with some weathering.

• RMweb Premium

Season's Bleatings to all.

I was actually going to resolve not to make any resolutions but it looks like some progress is being made with a Peppercorn A1, so that's killed off that intention laugh.gif

Glad someone else can be bothered to do an A1 instead of going for a Baccy version. Sadly I have two lurking somewhere but they may have to wait until January 2nd! B)

ATB 36E

• RMweb Gold

My 2010 list is mostly a case of trying to complete a bunch of stock that I already have in progress.

Finally getting my Merchant Navy and A3 finished and running would be a first priority (although given I am still waiting on the connecting rods, this may be some time.)

I also have a bunch of Lima remotoring jobs (Class 59 and 73) which are going to be needed on the new layout so best be getting finished.

Off the top of my head the to do list currently stands at:

Paint Class 47 roofs (having fitted new grills)

Paint the GWT Green on 47813

Paint wessex 31

Finish painting DRS 20 and 37

Add connecting rods, build tender chassis, connect body and tender, and paint bogie/trailing truck on Clan Line.

Build new front bogie, con rods, tender chassis + finish painting wheels for the A3

Rewheel City of Truro

New cranks for an 09, paint con rods.

Finish gluing bogie frames onto bogies + headstock modifications on 59001, complete chassis work to modify a Bachmann 66 chassis for an ARC 59/1, body detailing on 2 59s (will require drawing etches)

Fit Bachmann 25 drives into 4 Class 73s, fit wire handrails, new rood grills and separate underframe bits to each of them.

2 Deltics to get the full Shawplan treatment

A scratch built chassis using Heljan bogies to fit under a Vi Trains 47 body

Wagon wise things are a bit thinner at the moment,

want to get my rake of PTAs finished, get the final work done on my TDA and finally get my nuclear flasks painted.

On top of all of that I want to make some serious headway on the layout.

Think that aught to keep me going for the first 6 months of the year, other projects like the EPBs and 456s I have awaiting paint might get a look in over the summer along with a bunch of other painting.

Most important thing this year is to continue selling off the stock for which I have no real use any more, and not replacing it with any more out of period stock!

Those 20 Chivers MDV's I bought in the summer - all those door springs :blink: !!!!!

DC kits Class 74 using a resurrected clayton chassis (I know the bogie wheelbase / centres etc are wrong) but it looks right which what counts.

and the PDK diesel brake tender.

and if I'm very lucky (birthday on the 28th) my better half has managed to get a Kittle O gauge GW signalbox kit - so that'll be a treat to build too.

Glad someone else can be bothered to do an A1 instead of going for a Baccy version. ....

To be honest, I only ever wanted to do a hybrid "Tornado", and the Bachmann version, good as it is for a non-roller bearing A1, has flaws. With my hybrid, I can safely say that all the mistakes in it will be all my own work laugh.gif

• RMweb Premium

Hmm, difficult.

Most likely are:

1) Finish DJH Maunsell S15 (all it needs is paint & small details)

2) Build DC 4EPB kit I've had for 2 years

3) Get some more buildings done for the garage layout 'cos I'm fed up with looking at bare baseboards!

Finish converting the Hornby T9 to an LSWR version (not the NRM LSWR 'liveried' one)

Start the Martin Finney Adams Radial (unless of course Hornbachpol list one for next year!)

Get Aldersbrook (LTSR & NLR 1908 layout) beyond the basics stage

That'll do I think!

Guest Max Stafford

My mission is to finish the Barclay and the Jumbo. After that, I'm going to build the two LMS non gangwayed kits I bought a Wigan. And lay some track too!

Dave.

finshing off my JLTRT 40, nearly there.

Steve Beattie Co-Bo, gonna be quite a bit of work in that.

L&Y dock tank, getting all the bits at the moment.

what Id love over the next year is a large steamer, debating at the moment over a 9f or black 5, or maybe an austin 7, it would be jumping in at the deep end but not too concerned.

if I do id only be getting one or maybe 2 locos next year and itd take me the year or so to complete hopefully, so thats why Im so indecisive :)

Mike

My first "all singing and dancing" conversions for 2010 will be two Bachmann BCC limited editions of Silverlink 150123, into FGW 150121 and FGW 150127, as per Autumn 2008.

• improved detailing
  • change of ID
  • livery correction
  • full interior
  • alternative drive system
  • DCC Loksound decoder
  • separate function decoder
  • two speakers
  • full prototypical lighting
  • smoke unit(s)
  • DCC remote controlled coupling system ( in this case, BSI's )
  • weathering ( in wet guise )

These are the first converted stock item for my new layout ( working title still Falmouth Docks ), which will get 4-6 fleets, for different year settings to be run. The layout is highly likely to be set into a heavy Autumn theme, with lots of fallen leaves and relatively wet, after a downpoor has passed by. First two chosen running years and prototypical fleets thereof are October 2003 and October 2008. Will be backdating and chosing more years, after extensive research, to catch the most interesting stock options.

Seansons Greetings to you all, before I forget. ;)

Regards, Michel

• RMweb Gold

The base boards for my 2010 challenge layout and start on the buildings that are needed.

The other is I am just starting to try and work out how to create a building to fit a against a curved backscene so that is my other challenge. Hopefully the first pictures will be up very early in Jan.

• RMweb Premium

The base boards for my 2010 challenge layout and start on the buildings that are needed.

The other is I am just starting to try and work out how to create a building to fit a against a curved backscene so that is my other challenge. Hopefully the first pictures will be up very early in Jan.

Looking good so far. Couple of things there I have no idea what they are (being an old steamy git I don't know anything about really modern stuff) but I await the Gallery input with anticipation of superb conversions/modifications. I to have a Maunsell S15 to complete; thanks for reminding me that this is also lurking in the loft. In fact i think I might visit the loft on new year's eve to remind myself of what there is to do! :rolleyes:

RE the above curve thingy: could you do it as an add-on piece to a 'low relief' frontspiece?

Sincerely, 36E

• RMweb Gold

Me too. Deb goes back into hospital on 30th December for a bonegraft on her knee, will be out of the way for a few weeks, so I may get a bit done on 2010 Challenge stuff. Yes, I will visit her most days! I also want to change the point switches on the HO layout so the Tortoise motors have latching switches without centre-off, and the Peco ones on the hidden trackage have the opposite!

My uncle passed away recently and I've been given all his N gauge railway collection. I'm not sure exactly what's there although I understand there's quite a bit plus some tools. My plan for 2010 is really skills building. I want to see if I can develop my abilities to convert to N finescale ie N gauge stock converted to run on 2mm F/S track. No layout is in the pipe line, more a series of mini projects probably starting with getting to grips with turn-out construction using 'Easi-Track'. If this is a success and I take to the scale I'll start to re-wheel some stock and see where that may lead me.

The ultimate challenge for me would be to construct a 'Nigel Hunt' replacement chassis but that is definitely a step too far for now.

Archived