The J27 is finally done. This was my first time using Lifecolor paints (the odd Vajello and Humbrol paint was used) and I think the effort mostly paid off.
As I don't possess an airbrush nor have a real interest in airbrushing at the moment this has been done entirely by hand. I have to say I am quite impressed by this. I had a couple of issues but that was mainly down to my lack of experience with this range. Any issues were quickly rectified and actually improved on the effects. The
So far so good, i've managed to pretty much overhaul the locomotive and tender to give a decent representation of a J27.
Unfortunately when I was looking over some images of the engine i was going to represent it turns out the dome was the wrong type. Being that anal I hunted around for another J27 with NER Pattern buffers and dome in the Teesside region...eventually finding 65870 which spend most of it's life in or around Area 51 and have the correct pattern details I needed.
I'm back on the modelling horse again - ironically, I've moved to Tyneside and this has spurned me to to think about some of the projects I have in mind around this neck of the wood. Where I've moved to is not too far from Tyne Dock which has bumped me 9F project further up the list to convert it to 92064. Also going to ram through with the J27 to get something done before 2017 conks out on us.
So far I've gotten close to the structural completion of the model with a cab scratch built. I'm j
For some reason I started on this last night ...
I think it was a Scratchbuilt J27 which another dickie X04 motor and dated chassis. Like the G5 it may have seen many owners and i think compared to any later offers may be slightly out of scale but overall it looks like a J27 and that's all that really matters to me as I think I can finish up with something that looks good.
The chassis is now a Bachmann Jinty which we undergo some visual mods to look like a J27 under frame.
Just a quickie to say I've started cracking on with a couple of new projects. This year will mainly be tank engines as I have none updated so far and since finished the Gresley coaches I may need venture into other projects for the variety. Currently in the works are a G5, which I think is Nucast originally. Built by a member of my old club and handed to me as some sort of sixth hand gift.
TBH the original motor was a Triang X04 motor which I think has seen it's best days. So I'm going
Finally they're here!
Based on an image I've found of a D49 on a local train. Save this time - I have Saltburn's Ivatt 4MT to hand.
The weathering was basically rail match roof dirt and frame dirt - with a ratio on favour of the roof dirt. I wanted to try something different from my umbral and I think it's paid off.
Apart from the end corridor connectors which were MJT - the central ones are scratch built using the MJT ones. built with 20 thous plasticard, black paper,
I've been away for a while, mainly due to personal tribulations, moving house, finishing uni for the year and trying to find a job to maintain our overheads. However this has not entirely stopped me from modelling when we finally managed to settle down. I now have a room all to myself to model and a garden (of which you may soon see some railway related activity once finances and time improve).
I last left you with my updating of some Hornby Railway Gresley stock. I finally managed get to a
Just a quick update on my Hornby Teak conversion project.
The bodies are now complete. I've drilled the holes to accept MJT handrails and grab handles, added roof vents from Lanarkshire models, and roof handrails. Toilet pipes and emergency brake pipes. I've also removed the gangways to later be replaced by some scratch built and MJT concertinas and glued the ends to the bodies removing filling and sanding down the joints between them.
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.
So after ramming some engines through the updateometer I realised that I haven't done any rolling stock for at least a year! Which is terrible of me. Worse still, apart from the support coaches for my breakdown crane, I have no passenger stock at all.
Well that must change so first things first, I have set about doing a local passenger set to go with my Ivatt's and a V3 I have waiting to be converted.
Now it might have been a simple affair of buying some new and improved Hornby Teaks and
I'm doing on a bus, which is a first. Just another completed Mucky Duck. Complete a with a clean (ish) smoke box and another fireman having a sneaky tab.
I might have to introduce a workplace ban on this from now on as I run the risk of it becoming Samey, the same with the clean smoke boxes
Anyway here's 43054 (a Saltburn engine) either her Teesside based sisters.
Hello hello hello
I'm sort of back, kind of. I've been quite busy of late with a study that is going mental with stuff, a uni course who over aches my head and a girlfriend who is now a fiancée. Mental.
But I still have time to model which is good.
So here they are, first up is my beloved Q6 which I finished on Friday. Unfortunately the light in the pictures is a bit pants but I wanted to add something a bit different from the usual mucky engines. So, I painted the bottom half of t
Hello, hi, good evening, who are you!
Ah well never mind, you're here now and I suppose I should talk to you.
Well, enough of these commissions and imaginative what if's, something relatively real now, for me.
remember that Dave Alexander Q6 that I was relegating to the side due to my overly pessimistic opinion of doing something completely heinous to cause it to go wrong (of which I'm eternally shackled to) Well somehow it has managed to please the God's enough to work!