Having bought 2 of the Hornby "Limited Edition" (cough) Royal 67's in EWS livery, the plan for a long time has been to renumber one as 67005 Queens Messenger. At first glance it would be easy by just sticking new plates onto the loco and changing the cab end numbers. This is actually the first time I've tried this on locos. Despite modifying and renumbering rolling stock etc, I'ev been reluctant to do it on more expensive locos.
On doing research the main problem was found - the EWS
Back in July I mentioned I'd got a T Gauge signal box kit. Well now it is finished Not perfect but i'm pleased. Close up photos show the excessive glue everywhere (I need a syringe or other controllable delivery system next time) but in the flesh it looks good. The kit has a row of signal levers inside plus a stove. More details and photos here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115421-etched-brass-signal-box-kit/?p=2449816
I'm pleased overall as it was my first attempt at an
I was hoping to be discussing some actual modelling but studying and trips have got in the way.
Some weeks ago I saw the T gauge etched signal box kit reviewed in Railway Modeller. An N gauge modelling colleague and I thought it would be fun to order one each and try to build it. £8 inc P&P is no dramas. Having painted the moulded glazing window frames, I moved onto the etch. The first thing is to make the T gauge signal levers. Several hours in to folding truly minute bits of brass I am
I'm completely new to blogging. The intention is to blog about observations of anything vaguely interesting (to me) in the hope it may be of use or others. It will focus on modern image/contemporary and what I see on my travels. I have no specific skills or knowledge around railways, so will just say what I see.
Whilst I spend a fair amount of time on the GE mainline, I travelled to Exeter and back by train. A vinyled HST at Paddington next to the statue of the great man. All credit to GWR f