Having not had a proper day/weekend in the shed since Christmas (generally due to too much time being spent on the real thing), I managed to get a number of jobs done today, and have done far more than anticipated.
Over the past few weeks I've slowly but surely got the landscaping nearly finished and have made a start on putting down a bit of scenic cover. On Friday, a box arrived with 7 Packets of Peco Platform Edging along with some ramps, which I've been waiting on so I can make a start o
At one end of the layout are four tracks which enter the fiddle yard. The distance across them is quite large and somehow the entrance to the fiddle yard needs to be hidden so I began to build a bridge last night to span the four tracks.
After looking at a couple of scratchbuilt bridges on here, I found a few spare materials and knocked up something that looked like a girder plate bridge. The plate sides are made of 6mm Plywood, with plastic strip to represent the vertical struts and a coup
I've been muckying up a few locos recently as a break from work on the layout and my other modelling hobby of building plastic kits to rebrand & renumber and mucky up a few locos that were in LNER liveries. I've been working on a Bachmann J39, and Hornby J94, J83 and J52 - along with a few diesels not shown (Bachmann Cl.25, 44 & 55)
The four steam locos lined up:
All have been sprayed up in relatively the same fashion and I wanted all of them to be pretty heavily weathered. I m
I spent a lot of last week and most of Sunday working on the layout. The fiddle yard is now mainly finished and has been boxed over:
On Sunday I finished all the wiring and the control box is now fully functioning with all three lines now working:
I've got a few bits out recently just to have a play (and to check everything works!). Here's a 9F with a mixed freight:
And here's a Black 5 too:
My winter project is to make a start on my 12'6" mock-ECML junction station, set somewhere on the borders of the North Eastern and Eastern Region. The plan, looks roughly like this, although I've made a few changes:
Although a lot has changed since these photos were taken, these are the most recent photos of the layout:
The fiddle yard has now been "boxed" over to give a bit more shelving space and the backscene breaks are now in place.
The next step is to make a st