One of the magnetic connection terminals snapped off today, where the wire meets the magnet. Despite reinforcement measures, I guess the strain on the thin metal shaft was too great.
So, I had a stab at making my own (hopefully sturdier) version of the connector. I stripped the end off some .6mm electrical cable and wrapped the exposed wire around a neodymium magnet, I then took a second identical magnet and sandwiched the wire between them.
Next, I sealed the whole terminal
Constructed and test ran a new traverser today.
The parts I used were the top and base section of a bookcase (the main baseboard is made from the side panels.)
The traverser base is wall mounted with reinforced brackets, the deck is fitted with heavy duty drawer runners.
*EDIT - 8/2/21: Magnetic connector snapped at weld, see posts for 8/2/21 and 9/2/1 for details on repair and improvements!
Power is supplied from a connection block wired fr