I've not posted on here for a very long time, we all know what life is like - it gets busy and modelling slowly slips down the list of priorities. I thought I would share something I've been working on this afternoon - it's a Lima 60 in the attractive BS Blue livery which I picked up on eBay a while ago. So far I've added a driver and second man, picking out there orange hi-vis, added bufferbeam detail and started weathering the underframe although this is still WIP.
There's a still a lot t
It's been a number of years since my last blog entry,but with some nenewed inspiration I've started to work on a few outstanding projects.
Here we have 37702 from the Rail Exclusive twin pack. I've detailed the front ends and started weathering the chassis and body, happy with progress so far.
I trust everybody enjoyed the Members Day, it was a great occasion where we could all come together as one forum; personal thanks must go out to Andy and all of the team for the planning and operation. It was truly superb!
Having come away with a lighter wallet and an incentive to make some more progress with the 37, I have spent some time carrying out further weathering and detailing to this locomotive during the course of the day. I have used a slightly different method with this model, bu
Having had a few month's of solid coursework in the lead up to finishing secondary education, its been refreshing to pick up a few modelling projects to complete over the summer break. I've returned to my previous efforts in detailing and weathering this 37; coupled with a fresh set of tools and idea's in order to enhance it further. I apologise in advance for the poor quality photo, it was only taken on my Blackberry!. I'm planning to compile a short evaluation of the work carried out and a se
Further to my entry yesterday, I have taken time today to study a selection of photos and begin the weathering of the chassis on 37429. ; - http://www.flickr.co...07/2993101948/.
Matt 33 & 98 were used foremost with tonal variation being created, trying to bring out the detail. After this had dried, a thin wash of Frame Dirt was applied and left to dry. With the aid of photo's, I used Europe Dust and Black Smoke to stipple and create the rusting and general weathering on the bogie side fra
It seems to have been a while since I last posted an entry here, fortunately the christmas break has allowed me to make progress with a few projects.
Over the past few day's I have started on a model of 37429 in Regional Railways livery, utilising one of the earlier body-shell's on a slightly newer chassis. Having detailed the No 1 end, I am now turning to the small specific details which the locomotive holds and the basis of weathering / grime established using photos.
For the vacuum
In between other projects, I've been tinkering with this loco. Still not finished as of yet, but should be complete very soon. While the sun has been out all day and Stockwell Road set up,I took the time to take some photos of the loco posed on the layout.
Further updates when I've finished the Crompton.
Just a brief update regarding 33103. Took delivery of some very nice nameplates from Fox Transfers in the week and have fitted them this evening. Along with carrying out the bogie spring modification. Loco is coming along well I feel, next up is the fibre glass roof panel. Stay tuned.
I've always admired the Heljan 33 and have been longing for a model for some time, the article displayed here is 33103 in the popular Fragonset livery.
I plan on carrying out the bogie spring modification, fitting etched nameplates and modeling the fibre glass roof panel.
(60011 has since been sold on to Mason of Deeping Lane 04/01/12)
This is one of those projects which seems to have languished on the workbench and in desperate need of completing. With a dedicated modelling space now in place outside in the shed I spent a couple of hours rounding this one up ready for its entry to service.
To break down the key steps I took in the weathering and modification of the model; I considered each of the parts which I wanted to achieve and then consolidate thi
Knowing that I've got a box full of stock to weather, I thought I would fill an hour or 2 weathering a Bachmann Freightliner HHA. Background reading was in the form of Nigel Burkins book on modifying 4mm scale wagons- which produced some prototype photos to work from.
To start off with I mixed some Matt Black and some Varnish on a scrap CD case with a hint of MIG Black Smoke added in to the mix and applied lightly with a cotton bud and sponge at first to build up the base layer on the bodys