A commission I did about a year ago for a lady's son. He wanted the LT 150 Prairie tank but with "Metropolitan 1" on the tanks instead. It was a bit of a ###### to finish off (possibly due to bad planning on my part) but the results speak for themselves .
This is the overall process in pictures.
It was a bit of a ###### to finish off (possibly due to bad planning on my part) but the results speak for themselves .
There were a few things I forgot to post a while back that I had done for other people so I'm hoping to catch up on this.
Recently I was given a Class 08 (well I say recently I must have had it for the best part of a year). It was in a slight state of disrepair and had been bought second hand. I was told to replace the ladders and front steps as they had either been broken or broken off. there wa also a missing sandbox which needed replacing.
All that finally required was
I was given these little Hornby fellows by a friend to paint up, I think one set is for his "Black Prince" or "Cock of the North" 9F (I can't remember which!) and the chaps in green at the front (which isn't that prevalent because my of cr*ppy camera phone)for his GWR project, which I can only describe as a bit of a beast.
I also gave a quick slap up of the accessories he gave me too.
Next up, my other rates rather knackered Bachmann 08, but firstly, I want to get my Q6 chassis
Sorry, I've been really busy at the moment and even now, I'm readying myself for a three night comedy show. I'll blatently plug it too. http://www.facebook....57209164384831/
Anway back on topic.
This was my most recent commission for a friend of mine. It was an unpainted Dapol conflat which he wanted to be a match truck for a class 03 he bought from Bachmann. You know the nice faded blue one. He basically said "Go to town with it" so I did.
I added vac pipes and air brake pipes
Well, I won't go over the details of what I've done but I seem to have left a happy customer again.
It's another Pannier tank (quite enjoyable to weather really )
Basically, it's all be painted using humbrol and some revell paints, I've added and repaired some detail such as missing brake rodding, some missing handrails, lamps irons and that. Individual touches using springside lamps & tank engine fire irons.
The ash at the front of the engine looks a little too sharp but I think
This my second commissions for a friend. Done for free for two main reasons. Firstly, I initially didn’t ask for a price and secondly…I’m not too happy with the outcome though he is completely fine with it.
It was a bit of an uphill struggle I don’t mind telling you, especially repainting it from scratch.
Any way here’s the outcome.Also please bare in mind that this was an old and cruder model than what I we expect of todays models.
Same techniques as mentioned before.
So a friend of mine saw my work and though, "By jove that's good" I don't know why though, I always seem to find something I could have done better. Well anyway a brief conversation ensued followed by delivery of the package.
The package turned out to be a second hand Wachy Bachy 87xx Pannier in post war GWR livery. The task was To give it a worked in look ,noot too dirty but must have looked like an engine in use. So I set about ruining his poor model.
Here are the results.