I managed a few hours over Christmas to get the chassis painted and over the last two evenings I've got it running again!
Pretty pleased with the neat phosphor bronze pickups which should blend in pretty well with some black paint later. The rods are VERY sloppy and there is a bit of a stick due to this. To get an idea of the problem the crankpins (threaded screws) have an outside diameter of 1.6mm. The holes in the rods are 2.2mm! I've found some 1.6mm i/d tube with an o/d of 2.4mm so I will make some bushes for the rods sometime
Waiting for a new 60w soldering iron and then I'll get on with replacing that chimney on the body