have had this loco in the operating fleet on Summat Colliery for years, bought from a fellow member back in early 2009. I got Roomey to weather it but forgot to add the detail pack etc. So as part of this project to add sound I also added the details.
The black plastic parts were fitted and toned down with PP Weathered Wood which is a pretty good match for Roomey's base weathering. The 247 Developments fire iron rack was fitted and blended in too. I removed the fake coal load and made the bunker rusty and dirty black then added some real coal.
The decoder was removed from the loco and a 4 way micro connector lead soldered to the motor wires and pickups to pass through to the tender. four small holes were drilled in the plate that carries the pickups and the wires passed through. These were painted black to disguise them. The Socket was "Man Glued" (Screwfix no nonsense mitre bond) to a slot drilled and filed into the tender floor.
The fixings for the tender weights were removed and a speaker grille drilled to allow the sound to escape down towards the track. An ABS 40x30mm speaker was black tacked to the floor.
The decoder needed a flat filing on the front of the speaker housing to allow it to sit on a slope matching the underside of the coal bunker, once this was done it was soldered to the connector and speaker and job done
Final shot of the tender body before coal and decoder fitting
and here's a link to the youtube vid