In light of the discussion caused by the the corbels in part 2, I decided that a bit more thought was required! After a lot of pondering, I've decided that I still like the idea of the building having corbels, but if they are going to stay, then they had better be done properly! As Nick, Ian, N15 and Iain pointed out, they did look as if they had been stuck on as an afterthought and didn't look at all convincing. This wouldn't do at all, so armed with a glass of red wine and wielding a scalpel, surgery commenced!
Building before surgery
Building after plasticard quoins around the corbels had been removed
Once the offending quoins and brickwork had been removed, 30 thou plasticard pieces were cut to inlay in the space created. Plasticard Microstrip was also used to blend the corbels into the quoins. Any joins were filled with Milliput epoxy putty and then allowed to set for 24 hours. After a bit of sanding and a coat of matt white Humbol Enamel as a primer, this is the state of play so far.
Building after application of new quoins, sanding and priming.
I've added the gutters and scribed the stone work, which is about as far as I can go with the Goods Shed until I build the platforms and get a better idea of the landscape profile around the building.
Thanks for the constructive criticism guys, we all need a little prod now and then to improve our modelling standards, lets hope you think what I've done is an improvement!