I have done some more to the body. It seems to be going ok at the moment the only problem I can see coming up is the roof is too small. When the bunker section is attached I will see if I need to make a new one or if I can extend the one in the kit.
The bunker went together quite well I tack it and will run the solder joints later. The footplate was a little wide for the bunker back plate, or that was slightly small, a couple of rubs with the file sorted it anyway. The cab front and rear were also too wide, but that is easy to sort than them being too narrow.
I then made up and added the cabinets to the cab rear. The floor was also cut down as it was a little too long. I need to modify the cab entrance sides a little and ad the hand rails before I fix the bunker unit to the footplate.
Next up was the firebox. Which went together very nicely once I did the top curves. It is of the old fashioned type that you need to file the front shoulders. I folded some 1/16^ brass wire and soldered this inside the front and wrapper join, to make sure I did not end up filing holes in the corners. I think I may need to do a little more but will check when the boiler end is cleaned up and adjusted to fit.
A temporary fit to see how things are coming on. I think it is beging to look as it should.
I suddenly realised this little tank loco is not as small as I thought. Here it is against my 0395. I hope I have built them both in the same scale.
Yes I am pleased with the progress I would like to get most of the big soldering on the body done tomorrow, but lets see. I have ordered a few bits From Laurie Griffen tonight, so I should get then in a moth or so. I will when it comes to the time in the build when I need them it will have to be put aside.
Something different next, another 2-6-2 tank but this will be from the LNER.