I have had a couple of successful sessions, even if they were not overly long.
The rear lamp irons and destination board brackets have been added.
The extra front guard irons and the front steps have been fixed in place. I am not totally happy with the steps I will adjust next time.
The front lamp irons are on now, apart from the one on the door. This will bbe fixed when the low melt comes out. Also fitted are the front destination board brackets. Smokebox door is just rested in place.
The boiler handrail, and the brake ejector pipe are now in place.
I also added the reverser and made the backhead a similar size to the boiler. needed about a millimeter filing of the top half. It is now ready for detailing.
I then tinned and sanded most places where whitemetal castings will go. I also had to alter the buffers as I had bought group standard ones but these had parallel ones, all sorted now. The chimney needed hollowing out and it and the dome were sanded to fit their respective places. I have just rested these in place along with the roof, which needs detailing and fitting, then that's the end of the hot soldering. I also looked at the wheel balance weights, it looks as though I will be making 2. There are 8 with the kit 2 large 2 medium and 4 small and of course I need 2 large and 4 medium.
I will be off to the shops before painting as I have no primer. I have also found a car paint shop so will see if I can get a litre tin rather than an aerosol. A tin of black too. I may get as much of the Ivatt painted as I can I also think the tender and loco frames for the 0395 are ready for black.