Another update and surprise surprise I'm still building track.
Moving on to the sidings on the up side (South side) of the station. There were three sidings on this side along with the permanent way hut. I picked up a book at Warley a couple of weeks ago called 'Quarry Faces', the story of Mendip Stone Quarrying. There's a rather nifty photograph on p252 of the loading bank complete with Dodge tipper lorry. something to acquire from Road Transport Images I feel.
Anyhow, the sidings on this side fed straight into the up line and so the first turnout incorporated a pair of single tongue catch points.
I wanted to make sure I included these so out came the GWSG's book on GWR switch and crossing practice by D Smith. This is a really useful piece of reference material. There's also a very useful article in Scalefour News No 172. As you can see from the photos there's nothing particularly tricky about building this in 4mm, you just need to take care and obviously allow for the extra pair of switch blades. All seems to work rather splendidly and nothing has fallen off yet.
One of the after effects of Warley was me digging the Bachmann prarie out after we decided that the Hawksworths stock would look better being hauled by it. This loco had languished in its box after I somehow had become convinced that it wasn't working. Once again, the pick ups were the culprit (when will I learn) and after no time at all all was working well. I have done my usual of replacing the ones on the loco with 0.33mm wire and epoxied copper clad to the underside of the keeper plate.
I'm running out of chairs so may well choose something else by way of a modelling project over the Christmas period.
Just in case I don't post anything before, I hope Santa brings you lots of lovely modelling stuff!