Since my last post, I effectively refitted the point motors, then turned the layout edge on to be able to work underneath without contortions and set about getting the droppers connected to a bus. I made a query on the Forum, got some good advice and, while I did not follow it too closely, it was a a great help. After almost two weeks, in sessions of 1-1/2 to 2 hours or a bit more at a time, I to-day managed to connect the last droppers and wire up the bus wires. I still have to wire in the plug socket where I connect the controller, but was able to do a first provisional test run by plugging the ends of the bus wires in to the controller plug. The results were encouraging. There was a problem at a diamond crossover but, since I haven't cleaned the track, that might be the cause. However, I had to run the layout up to the ceiling and tidy up all the tools, because we have things to do to prepare the house for my sister's arrival next Monday. So, full scale testing will have to wait until early May.