My brass Sunset models K-27 is finished.
This has been a long road....
First I had to sort out the power pickups, and added phosphor bronze wipers.
Then I replaced the worm with a new one from NWSL.
The next was installation of a Econami decoder with stay alive and dual speakers.
The worst problem was that the drive wheels were out of gauge (and so was the tender wheels...).
I corrected that, and finally I could paint it!
I used Scalecote 1 engine black and baked it in the oven.
Then I painted the details with water based paint and a brush.
The decals are from San Juan, and it was a quick job to apply them.
The weathering is a mix of various water based paints except for the rods and valve gear which got some MIG engine oil wash (oil based).
Now I just have to add some details, such as cab curtains, water bags and such and crushed coal in the tender.