After a break for a relaxing holiday away, I've turned this week to the first board at the Axbridge end. I'd mistakenly put the stone loading siding up adjacent to the wing walls of the over bridge so this was corrected and the groundwork adjusted to suit. Then I've tried playing about with the location of Fiveways Farm. Presently I'm looking at a forced perspective type arrangement to disguise the fact that it really isn't wide enough to fit properly. Still pondering that one.
Then I've dug out my scenics box and started applying ground cover. I'm using a mixture of Heki and Greenscenes static grass fibres over a bed of hanging basket liner, woodlands scenics and plain painted ground. Coming on well I think, though more to do yet including trimming and adding ground cover.
Rubberised horse hair hedges have been first fixed and I've planted a tree. The first of many I think. You can also see the first of what will be many, many strawberry patches. It was a feature of the line that these were cultivated on railway land right down to the trackside. Still after an age it's nice to see it taking shape.
Not yet convinced about the road colour or texture, so have more to do on that.