<p>Still moving forward, just about. The quartering was done by eye and by gently fettling the rods until the whole assembly rotated freely. This took time and care, but we got there. I was emboldened to trim off the axle ends, clean then up and was admiring my work when I read a comment from Izzy warning not to do this until I had fitted the outer frames! I have checked though, and I think it will all fit as it is.
I’ll be making spacers as per Mick Simpson’s article because my hamfisted early efforts have broken off the brackets.
I also had a couple of the tiny etched parts delaminate from the rods during reaming. Next time I’ll do some of this before soldering.
Thanks to those who have commented, any feedback welcome.