After a couple of weeks I've now completed the cross-over and catch point on the fourth baseboard. Following prompting from 'Western Star' I redrew the cross-over using a pair of C8 turnouts which meant I could use the pre-prepared Vs I'd bought from C&L earlier in the year. I'm quite pleased with the results. I also managed to get the baseboard pretty much wired up.
Wiring up is quite straight-forward with DCC and the MERG control system CBUS.
I drilled loads of holes and threaded through loads of short 'dropper wires', Red for the rear rail, Black for the front rail and then a different colour for each V which needs to be switched.
The MERG CBUS controls an 8 output accessory controller which drives a pair of 4 relay boards. On those relays one output drives the input of a four Servo control board while the other output switches the V. This method means that once the circuit boards have been installed the actual wiring to the track is really easy. The rest of the control, the what level makes what point move, is all done in software.
So, here is a picture of my Heljan Class 15 shunting the coal siding.
The driver's view from the locomotive shows the end of the loop and the line to Long Melford you can see the route into the Cambridge bound platform.
Looking back the other way (the camera is looking from the lay-by track)
I'm now progressing on the cutting drawing for the fifth board and hope to get that cut during the week.
I hope you enjoy seeing the progress.