After a considerable number of years I decided to have a look at a Jamieson Coronation kit that I`d stripped some time ago for a re-paint.
I built it it probably back in the early seventies and it`s powered by a Romford Bulldog motor. I`ve had it running again on DC to make sure it still worked and have now fitted a decoder to run it on DCC.
I find some of the older models a challenge to try and bring them nearer the running capabilities of newer models.
I need to put a bit more detail on the tender and probably will rebuild the loco and tender chassis to make them a bit lighter.
Jamieson kits were basic nickel silver kits with all detailing done by the builder.
At my age now, I think building something like this would be a bigger challenge, fingers and eyesight not being what they used to be!, but the few bits to do should be ok.
Cheers just now,