I followed up making the first side for my reversed Wills kit signalbox by drawing up and printing the opposite end. I printed this at a different orientation to the first side which meant I was able to clean off the uncured resin from both sides of the part much more easily.
I took this picture of the part just after the printer had finished the job, you can see the orientation and the support structure.
The part was removed from the build platform and washed in IPA. I have two tanks (plastic lunchboxes), I keep one with with fresher IPA and one with 'dirtier' IPA. When the fresher IPA gets too dirty I get rid of the old dirty stuff and the cleaner pot becomes the dirty one...
I find a brush handy to clean off the uncured resin. At this stage the resin is still slightly soft which means it is easier to remove the support structure before the final curing. Curing can be achieved either using the sun (when/where it is available) or under a artificial UV light source. I use an old ice-cream container with a strip of UV-LEDs wrapped around it.
Again, while this was going on I got on with some more 'proper' modelling, trying 'layering' static grass for the first time.
I used some 4 and 6mm 'dead grass' and 'wild meadow' to add some extra texture to the first layer. I used paper to mask the fence and then sprayed Peco 'Layering Spray'. A hoover with a sock over the end sucks up the excess.
Work was completed just in time to catch the morning DMU to Cambridge.
Obviously there is lots more to do but the progress is quite pleasing.