Another kit-built Southern liveried locomotive, this time a Maunsell L1 4-4-0 in lined olive green. The PDK kit was built by Chris Phillips:
This locomotive will be filthy!
First step to be illustrated this time is the preparation of the workspace. Before commencing any work I have cleared the decks from the last project, laid down clean paper towels to give a little bit of protection to the old bedsheet covering the as-yet unlaid trackbed of my layout, and set out the main tools and materials that will be used. Those that you can see are:
- Railmatch Frame Dirt and Weathered Black enamel paints
- Glass dish containing clean white spirit
- Disposable pipette for transferring white spirit into airbrush cup
- Old paintbrush for transferring paint to airbrush cup
- Airbrush (Iwata Eclipse SBS) cup
- Plastic bottle with Eclipse adapter, containing clean white spirit
- Various fiddly-pokey tools, just in case
- MIG Productions pigments - Black Smoke, Track Brown, Dark Mud and Rubbel Dust
If I remember, I'll explain the use of each of these as they are utilised.