Further work on the buildings continues with the 'new' sand dryer building, which from aerial photos in my my possession was built in the late 1940s
I found a stock of old Formcraft bricks which I decided to use to build the front with it's pillars and use slaters english bond sheet for the remainder. On reflection this was probably not my best idea as it took rather longer to build than anticipated.
My first attempt at adding 'sand' by using talc did not convince so I raided that grand daughters covered sand pit - with permission - a borrowed a cup full.
Next building project is to clad the arches of Barrow Road with Wills coarse stone........